millarworld.tv Comics Creators

My inking portfolio

Hello everyone, my name is Patrick Hernández, I’m a comic book artist, currently focusing on inking. If possible, I would like for you to check my work and give me any opinion that you deem necessary, it would be very helpful. Thank you all for your attention and happy inking!

Here’s an inking sample I did over Tony Daniel’s pencils.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13731833_1044186902345004_821650482106295892_o.jpg

And here’s my portfolio: patrickthementalist.deviantart.com/gallery/56188500/Inking-practices

I don’t know enough to give you a helpful opinion, except to say that I really like what you’ve done here, the really heavy black blocks look very dramatic. But I’m not sure how they would work if the page was coloured, there’s so much black that you haven’t left room for colour. Was that a deliberate choice, were you imagining that the comic would be black & white only?

Great job Patrick.

In fairness, the pencilled page does direct the inker to include those large areas of black.

For comparison, here’s the completed page as it appeared in the story:

The (fairly extensive) word balloons on that page do offset the large black areas somewhat.

Oh yes, I can see how that works.

I think I like it better in black and white, though :slight_smile:

And me! :slight_smile:

Thank you! I followed the pencils, for every “x” there had to be a black area. While the most defined pencils are in gray, you can see where the black blocking is supposed to be thanks to the “x” marks and the parts covered with blue pencil.

Thank you Dave!

Here’s another sample of my work:

Pencils by Joe Quesada