millarworld.tv Comics Creators

My first ever comic - Howl at the Moon!

Right, @mattgarvey1981 has a lot to answer for on these boards. And so the following is primarily his fault.

This is my first ever comic that I’ve written. Taking his 4 page challenge and attacking it with the speed of a narcoleptic sloth.

Art is by @MacRadwanski (thanks Mac!) who popped onto the boards back in May looking for some work. The fact he didn’t even flinch at some of the weirdness in my script was a very good sign.

So here it is. The adventures of Dr. Bones and his irrational hated of scientific standards. Wirtten in one evening and one draft.

Colours and Lettering by the bearded loon, @mattgarvey1981 himself, no less!

19 Likes

It’s a bit shit…oh, I mean, I’m REALLY proud of you.
I am.
You did so well…and it’s good, funny!
Write and make more…that’s your next challenge…and buy me beer…I deserve it.

5 Likes

It’s really pretty, and I got a few good laughs from it, which means your comedic timing was spot on. I didn’t really understand the ending though, what’s the big amp all about?

3 Likes

That’s fantastic. I really enjoyed it.

And you did in one draft. Impressive :smile:

4 Likes

You probably noticed a few sci-fi and music references. The giant amp is my take-off of 2001:A Space Odyssey.

I did not intend to explain further than that, much like the end of that film. But you could interpret it a couple of ways.

That and the whole comic is incredibly absurd.

4 Likes

That’s a big ask, to get someone to take a couple of days to interpret your work! :joy:

5 Likes

I await the university courses studying my work.

8 Likes

I’ll say! If any band is capable of surviving the vacuum of space it’s the mighty Mastodon!

3 Likes

It wasn’t the vacuum, they got accidently fired into the sun. I originally visioned having them playing one of their songs that has that lyric. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I suppose the nuclear inferno of the sun might slow them down…

2 Likes

I figured it was just a reference I didn’t pick up on. Well I though it was magnificent nonetheless. Excellent work.

2 Likes

Didn’t flinch once!
I loved working on this, thanks James!

3 Likes

You were fantastic to work with, Mac!

Let’s do this again soon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can we have the further adventures of the kidnapped space whale please?

6 Likes