millarworld.tv Comics Creators

MULLIGAN LIVES...again

Cast your minds back to June 2010…feels like a lifetime ago, doesn’t it?
Kay Perry was number one and spelling the word “Girls” completely wrong, Twilight was convincing young girls that it was ok for a 200 year old vampire to be in love with a child in high school….
And then there was me…a comic fan for all my life, trying to get the “stones” to try and convince myself that I CAN write a comic…
Like most of us, I had an idea that had been bouncing around my head for years that I thought would make a great comic…
So, I went and wrote a ten page comic…then I joined MILLARWORLD to find an artist……little did you all know that you wouldn’t be able to get rid of me…no matter how hard the mods tried.
Anyway…couldn’t find an artist to work for free (I was young and naïve) so like I the advice I give to EVERY writer who comes on here looking for an artist, I saved my money up and paid an artist…chap called Marco D Carillo (really nice guy) and Mulligan was born…but like most first attempts…it wasn’t very good (because of the writing)…I didn’t know what I was doing, I had never written anything before in my life, but I had done it.
The reason why I love THIS place so much is, the entire forum encouraged me to do more…and that’s why I did…I went away and tried to “hone my craft”, started writing four and five page scripts, got them made and started working my way up to writing 24 page stories.
Seriously, It has taken me years to get where I am today, so if I ever was to “make it” I can honestly say that I am a “seven year, overnight success” :smiley:
I went on to write CHUNKS, Cordelia SWIFT and others, but, I always has a soft spot for that first story.
Over the years I re-wrote it soooo many times, fleshed it out properly, made it better, plotted the entire arc…but I still did nothing with it and just sat on it….then I met an artist called Tally Burtram (not her real name)….and much like the main character from the story…
MULLIGAN LIVES……again.

And of course, it wouldn’t be a Garvey comic if I I didn’t have another breathtaking cover by the incredibly talented @dizevez, would it?!

So keep those eyes peeled…it’s coming soon.

and then i go an spoil it all, by doing something stupid like…showing you the first two paaaaaaageeeeeees! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: