millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie Quotes Thread

Here we go to just let loose with some of our favorite movie quotes.
Stuff we thought hit us emotionally, philosophically, or just sounded cool.

To kick us off, here’s one of my favorite quotes from The Village

Ivy Walker: When we are married, will you dance with me? I find dancing very agreeable. Why can you not say what is in your head?

Lucius Hunt: Why can you not stop saying what is in yours? Why must you lead, when I want to lead? If I want to dance I will ask you to dance. If I want to speak I will open my mouth and speak. Everyone is forever plaguing me to speak further. Why? What good is it to tell you you are in my every thought from the time I wake? What good can come from my saying that I sometimes cannot think clearly or do my work properly? What gain can rise of my telling you the only time I feel fear as others do is when I think of you in harm? That is why I am on this porch, Ivy Walker. I fear for your safety before all others. And yes, I will dance with you on our wedding night.

4 Likes

You know what the fellow said – in Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace – and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So long Holly.” - Harry Lime, The Third Man.

3 Likes

I’m going to get in on this with one my favorite scenes from The Dark Knight.

Batman: You’re garbage who kills for money.

Joker: Don’t talk like one of them. You’re not! Even if you’d like to be. To them you’re just a freak, like me. They need you now but when they don’t,… they’ll cast you out like a leper. You see their morals and you’re code, it’s a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They’re only as good as the world allows them to be. I’ll show you. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they’ll eat each other. See, I’m not a monster. I’m just ahead of the curve.

“Forget about it, Jake. It’s Chinatown.”

8 Likes

“You are what you love, not what loves you” - Adaptation

2 Likes

I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don’t have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.” - Liam Neeson in Taken
Classic one but still badass.

4 Likes

Probably my favourite put down in movie history (sorry if this seems like pandering, but I thought it was funny)

Bogart as Philip Marlowe,“I don’t mind it you don’t like my manners…” :smile:

3 Likes

I’ve got better things to do tonight than die.

4 Likes

I’d love to use a quote from GOTG, but there are way too many. Can I just say the whole script?

File alongside “I ain’t got time to bleed.”

3 Likes

There’s also “yipee kai yay mother f*****:smile:

3 Likes

I use “Game over man, game over.” from Aliens all the time at my work - usual to indicate terminally incorrect working or a significant error in the task the pupils are working on. I don’t really care that the reference goes over everyone’s head every time - it’s for my amusement and my amusement alone I do it!

4 Likes

My name is Inigo Montoya.

Or the old reliable…

I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe

5 Likes

“Troy gave me this haircut. It’s a badass haircut” - Conrad Vig, Three Kings

1 Like

Loki: I have an army.
Tony Stark: We have a Hulk.

Steve Rogers: Big man in a suit of armour. Take that off, what are you?
Tony Stark: Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist.

2 Likes

“I’m Batman!”

• Batman. Batman Begins
1 Like

“Four for you, Glenn Coco! You go, Glenn Coco” - Mean Girls
So deep, I shout that in real life whenever somebody says “four”, in any context.

1 Like

Walks into thread, looks around…

I’ll be back.

6 Likes

I genuinely thought when I got this far it would a reference to this:

3 Likes