millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers - Hollywood Hype

Anything that didn’t involve Dwayne Johnson or Seann William Scott, or the random Justin Timberlake music video cover of The Killers.

That wasn’t random. And, yeah, it was great.

But come on, everything about the Neo-Marxists and US-iDent was fantastic. It’s a pitch perfect homage to PKD-style satire.

But generally executed at an amateur level. Really it’s Scott who most interests me about the movie.

Oh Scott was great, and it’s one of Justin’s most entertaining roles.

I don’t know if amateur level can really apply. The hyper reality that the movie envelops around itself plays into it a lot. It just all coalesces in the right places. I mean - Teenage Horniness Is Not A Crime is so spot on perfect nonsense.

It’s an enjoyable film that I loved when I saw it and watched several times in the first few years after release.

I haven’t watched it in a long time now, though - something tells me it may not have aged well, but it would be interesting to go back and see.

‘Warcraft’ is a very long pre-title sequence.

“Here’s the setup for the stories we really want to tell, please wait 2 hours until we get to those. Thanks for your cooperation.”

There’s lots to like in it, but by the time it came out it seemed unlikely that they’d get to make any more, rendering the whole thing fairly pointless.

Kevin Smith had a heart attack:

I was trying to do a killer standup special this evening but I might’ve gone too far. After the first show, I felt kinda nauseous. I threw up a little but it didn’t seem to help. Then I started sweating buckets and my chest felt heavy. Turns out I had a massive heart attack. The Doctor who saved my life at the #glendale hospital told me I had 100% blockage of my LAD artery (also known as “the Widow-Maker” because when it goes, you’re a goner). If I hadn’t canceled the second show to go to the hospital, the Doc said I would’ve died tonight. For now, I’m still above ground! But this is what I learned about myself during this crisis: death was always the thing I was most terrified of in life. When the time came, I never imagined I’d ever be able to die with dignity - I assumed I’d die screaming, like my Dad (who lost his life to a massive heart attack). But even as they cut into my groin to slip a stent into the lethal Widow-Maker, I was filled with a sense of calm. I’ve had a great life: loved by parents who raised me to become the individual I am. I’ve had a weird, wonderful career in all sorts of media, amazing friends, the best wife in the world and an incredible daughter who made me a Dad. But as I stared into the infinite, I realized I was relatively content. Yes, I’d miss life as it moved on without me - and I was bummed we weren’t gonna get to make #jayandsilentbobreboot before I shuffled loose the mortal coil. But generally speaking, I was okay with the end, if this was gonna be it. I’ve gotten to do so many cool things and I’ve had so many adventures - how could I be shitty about finally paying the tab. But the good folks at the Glendale hospital had other plans and the expertise to mend me. Total strangers saved my life tonight (as well as my friends @jordanmonsanto & @iamemilydawn, who called the ambulance). This is all a part of my mythology now and I’m sure I’ll be facing some lifestyle changes (maybe it’s time to go Vegan). But the point of this post is to tell you that I faced my greatest fear tonight… and it wasn’t as bad as I’ve always imagined it’d be. I don’t want my life to end but if it ends, I can’t complain. It was such a gift. #KevinSmith

Damn, I’m glad he pulled through, I hope he gets well.

Just nicked by that bullet! If he’s at Glendale Adventist that’s a pretty good cardio unit. Now that the stent is in his odds are cosmically better.

I wounder if he got that Flash episode directed? Let’s see what happens in a couple of days. I’m sure he feels much better, but one big problem like this can lead to several other problems. With Smith’s luck, he’ll get put on an all-asparagus diet or summat.

Was anyone surprised?

Didn’t Colin Quinn just have a heart attack a few days ago?

“My heart broke on Valentines Day. Literally. I am currently doing well although if I dropped dead you would see a funeral like al Capone!” the 58-year-old wrote.

Unexpected news.

I love it when you see journalists writing about things they clearly know nothing about.

Funny how you never see those two in the same place together.

That sounds a better set up than the cartoons did.

That was… mixed. There are some very played out internet jokes in there but that ending made me laugh.

That bunny joke was amazing. The rest of it looked like a bunch of product placement for websites.

The filmmakers must have been gutted when they saw the Emoji Movie.

So were audiences.