millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers - Hollywood Hype

Wait… what?

And the director is the Shazam guy.
I’m struggling to process this.
Did Millar not have a Nemesis script ready for Fassbender?

More Spawn reboot news:

Just noticed that in the US, the new Aardman movie opens against Black Panther.

Probably not a bad counter-programming move with school vacation next week, but for those of us who want to see both movies, boooooo.

I don’t think Early Man will be a big hit in the US; it’s really more of a soccer movie than a caveman movie.

It’s also not that great, jokes-wise, though it looks lovely.

Yeah, I actually just noticed that after I made that post and I think it looks really stupid.

Sports comedies for kids are a pretty hard pass.

Edit- even Air Bud.

Don’t worry, I’m sure Black Panther will stay in cinemas for a couple of weeks, so you’ll have a chance to see it later.

Amblin & The Picture Company Land ‘Larry’; Jacob Chase To Write & Direct Pic Based On His Horror Short

Amblin Partners has acquired the rights to turn writer-director Jacob Chase’s horror short Larry into a feature-length film. Chase will write and direct the movie version, and The Picture Company partners Andrew Rona and Alex Heineman will produce.

The short follows the story of Larry, a terrifying monster who manifests through high-tech devices like smartphones and other screen devices. The feature version will borrow this angle, fused to a story line about a troubled young boy who creates the monster from his own nightmares. The aim is to create a grounded horror film in the vein of The Ring and Poltergeist. The hope is to follow in the footsteps of Lights Out and Mama, two short films that were turned into genre feature hits.

Rodriguez’s long-in-development Japanese manga adaptation, which Cameron is producing despite being a little busy on his Avatar sequels, was originally set to open this July, but has been bumped back to December 21. The pricy live-action adaptation, which stars Rosa Salazar as the titular female cyborg discovered by Christoph Waltz’s cyber-doctor, will go head-to-head with Bumblebee, Aquaman, and Holmes and Watson.

Black’s Predator sequel has been delayed before, but the latest release change is relatively minor: previously set to open in August, the film will now hit theaters September 14. Directed by Black and co-written by his The Monster Squad collaborator Fred Dekker, the upcoming sequel has a stellar cast including : Boyd Holbrook, Trevante Rhodes, Thomas Jane, Keegan-Michael Key, Sterling K. Brown, Olivia Munn, The Handmaid’s Tale‘s Yvonne Strahovski, Jacob Tremblay and Edward James Olmos.

And since Kenneth Branagh couldn’t get enough of Hercule Poirot and his mustache, we’re getting a Murder on the Orient Express sequel next fall. Branagh’s adaptation of Agatha Christie’s Death on the Nile will follow his Belgian detective to Egypt for another murder mystery written by Michael Green. The sequel will hit theaters November 8, 2019, opening opposite the untitled Bond 25 (hm, maybe Fox should rethink that one). And lastly, the studio has scheduled Blue Sky Studio’s animated film Foster for March, 5, 2021.

Huh. Reading the comic, I did not immediately think Melissa McCarthy. A change could be could for her though; some of her recent comedies have been really bad, especially the ones her husband directs.

I watched that short a couple months ago. It’s okay but didn’t seem to be calling out for a feature adaptation. It also seems like they’re abandoning almost everything from the short.

But not the man who wrote and directed it, so well done to him.

The basic idea is good and I hope they can get 90 mins of tension out of it. I’ll watch out for a trailer next year.

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

Oh lord. Some people just want to see the world burn.

Bumblebee is from the director of Kubo and the Two Strings, so I’ve some curiosity about it. Plus, Hailee Steinfeld is great.

And Bumblebee is the kid friendly one.

no good will come of this

I hope that Bumblebee is great, and that it is the last Transformers film.

I hope there’s at least two more mainline ones.
They need to tie up these plot threads.

I am getting pretty close to declaring 2018 in film dead-on-arrival, and I haven’t even seen the new Fifty Shades yet.
Can anyone name five movies that they’re really looking forward to? How about ten? I’m struggling here.