millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers - Hollywood Hype

It’s a really well crafted trailer if nothing else. I have complete faith in A24 too. I’ve yet to be disappointed by one of their horror films.

Interesting. I’m not sure I would care if Duncan Jones wasn’t attached though. I really like what I’ve seen of his work (admittedly I skipped on Warcraft though).

Heh.

According to Variety, Blunt will be the Katherine Hepburn to Johnson’s Humphrey Bogart, sorta. The project is said to be inspired by John Huston’s 1951 film The African Queen, about a drunkard captain and a prim British woman who travel down the Ulanga River. The design of the Disney ride was actually inspired by the film, so the connection makes sense. Earlier reports suggested the new film will be a period piece set in the 1920s.

It’ll be interesting to see what Collet-Serra can do with a bigger budget. I enjoyed The Shallows and his Neeson movies.

They’re filming a scene of The Goldfinch outside my workplace today. Like, right outside. And the store I work at has giant open display windows.

But it’s my day off, so y’all won’t be seeing me in the very pixellated and blurry background of some scene with Ansel Elgort or Finn Wolfhard.

They were previously supposed to direct Beverly Hills Cop 4, maybe this one will actually happen.

Hopefully they’re up to the task of ending this captivating crime thrillogy.

FYI, you misspelled trilogy.

Entertainment Weekly asked director David Yates, who’s helming the next four Fantastic Beasts films, if the sequel, The Crimes of Grindelwald, will acknowledge that Dumbledore (Jude Law) is gay. His answer: “Not explicitly.”

Yates added, “But I think all the fans are aware of that. He had a very intense relationship with Grindelwald when they were young men. They fell in love with each other’s ideas, and ideology and each other.”

“The fans all know it, so there’s no need to actually mention it in the film.” :roll_eyes:

Wait, if it’s Grindelwald…then why bead around the bush?
Or how can they?

So…

Isn’t it left open in the Harry Potter books too? It’s been a while since I read them but I thought it was something that was heavily implied but not explicitly stated in the novels themselves. In which case the film sounds like it’s in a similar spirit.

Yes, but it’s no longer an old man seen from the POV of underage co-eds.

It’s a bit of a cop out now.

It’s barely even implied; it’s something Rowling announced after the books were done.

Very true.
But now that it’s in the ether, they should have expected people to, well, expect.

I thought there was quite a lot in the last book about their relationship as young men which encouraged you to read between the lines. I may be misremembering though.

I never saw it or noticed anything.

But what’s said is said.

I certainly thought it was heavily implied in the books. Been a while since I read them, but I remember when Rowling came out and said it afterwards I was like “Yeah, obviously”. I thought it was pretty clear. But obviously not everyone saw it that way.

Yeah, here’s a New York Times article from the time:

But it is possible that Ms. Rowling may be mistaken about her own character. She may have invented Hogwarts and all the wizards within it, she may have created the most influential fantasy books since J. R. R. Tolkien, and she may have woven her spell over thousands of pages and seven novels, but there seems to be no compelling reason within the books for her after-the-fact assertion. Of course it would not be inconsistent for Dumbledore to be gay, but the books’ accounts certainly don’t make it necessary. The question is distracting, which is why it never really emerges in the books themselves. Ms. Rowling may think of Dumbledore as gay, but there is no reason why anyone else should.