millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers - Hollywood Hype

Romeo and Juliet would eat Tide Pods.

Stupid teenagers.

O churl, drunk all, and left no friendly drop to help me after? I will kiss thy lips. Haply some poison yet doth hang on them.

Yeah, I think that is bull. Surely FREE WILLY was a far greater influence.

It is idiotic for a post- Soviet Russia to have a ministry of culture.

It’s almost as if modern Russia is still somewhat totalitrian

It’s ridiculous that they have censorship of this sort, and even more ridiculous that it be directed at a film that’s critical of the Soviet system, but the existence of a Culture Ministry (and therefore a Minister to run it) isn’t unique to Russia.

Most countries have one, the arts aren’t just culturally important to a country, they’re financially important too, involving huge sums of money, all of which makes them politically significant, even when the art itself doesn’t depict political figures.

It’s a bit strange that America doesn’t have an equivalent post. I get that it might be seen as “government poking it’s nose in” (and maybe even a little bit Stalinist) but the american approach is the exception, not the rule.

This is our minister;

Bur returning to Russia and it’s inability to let go of the idea of censorship and also the (mis)use of state and/or personal authority, ‘The Death of Stalin’ isn’t the only fight over the arts in the country;

I’m almost disappointed.

Almost.

Yeah, I’m almost disappointed too.

Don’t be disappointed. Look, to make up for it someone made a sequel to Deep Blue Sea instead.

How can they not call it Deeper Bluer Sea

2 Deep 2 Blue Sea!

That looks like it’ll be a nicely mad bit of fun when it comes out.

That’s my hope. The first one was a really fun popcorn flick.

As a non-American I have no attachment to Mister Rogers, but I loved Marielle Heller’s Diary of a Teenage Girl, so I’m glad she’s getting more work.

Bah, he looks nothing like him

The Heinz Museum in Pittsburgh has a whole exhibit area devoted to Mister Rogers, including some actual set pieces. Quite nostalgic…and a bit unsettling.
mr-rogers-neighborhood1Mister-Rogers-Great-Oak-Tree

I like Tom Hanks, but I really can’t see him as Mr. Rogers. But hey, good luck to them. Hope it turns out to be good.