millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers - Hollywood Hype

Like this, perhaps? :wink:

That would be the best Star Trek movie of the last 20 years :slight_smile:

(Assuming it’s the real Enterprise, of course. Which, being Tarantino, it would be. With the real music, too.)

You didn’t watch the 2009 Star Trek movie, did you?

Yes. Wasn’t anything like the real Enterprise. Though I do recall there was an homage to the music.

The 2009 movie was good fun. But not as much fun as having Kirk arguing with an alien on the bridge for 90 minutes would be!

So, you never watched the original Star Trek? Or is this a “it has the be model photography or it’s not real” thing?

They played a new arrangement of the original music over the closing cedits!

The 2009 movie was good fun. But not as much fun as having Kirk arguing with an alien on the bridge for 90 minutes would be!

He spent almost the entire movie arguing with Spock!

So, you never watched the original Star Trek? Or is this a “it has the be model photography or it’s not real” thing?

I’m not entirely sure that I follow your argument. Are you claiming that this:

looks like this:

? :thinking:

The camera just isn’t panned far enough to the right in the bottom picture to see the top picture.

Just the idea of a Star Trek film featuring Harvey Keitel, and Samuel L. Jackson is awesome!! And, or course, Uma Thurman as the green chick.

So the faux/cheap 60’s Modern Design aesthetic is your sticking point?!? :confused:

Good news for Baby Driver fans.

Interesting. I loved the film but I’m not sure it’s one that was crying out for a sequel.

I understand why they work in Hollywood but if I’m being honest, I kind of wish we got more cool, stand alone films like the first one that didn’t feel the need to have a trilogy or a franchise.

You can always ignore the sequels and pretend they don’t exist. I do that with Caddyshack. :wink: :smile:

Seriously, I do agree with you. Baby Driver told a complete story and the protagonist had a complete character arc.

I loved the movie Pacific Rim but I am not at all excited about the upcoming sequel. It really doesn’t need a follow up.

Ya. I’m not stomping my feet and saying it shouldn’t happen particularly if Wright has an idea he wants to pursue. I just think his talents would probably be better used moving on to the next thing.

From the sound of it, he might just be writing the next one. So it may be a matter of the studio was interested in more and I can understand not wanting to turn down a payday in a business where the next thing isn’t always a sure bet.

Ronnie, I think you need to read this:

http://howtousetheinternet.com

Not at all, it’s an interesting idea that pretty much does all it needs to.

Wright is quite a clever chap though and doesn’t tend to repeat himself (even though the Cornetto films are of a similar vein you do get things like Pegg and Frost’s character types are reversed from Sean to World’s End). He may have a novel take to add to it and not just more car chases set to whole music tracks. I hope so anyway.

If people buy a ticket to ‘Baby Driver 2’ and it doesn’t have car chases set to music they may well demand their money back.

But as Gar says; the Cornetto films suggest we keep an open mind. I do think that’s Pegg as much as Wright there though. They’re both talented people but they do better work together.

Oh yes. I do tend to prefer thematic sequels like Wright (and Tarantino) tend to do. This doesn’t sound like that though. It also sounds like he might just be writing due to wanting to move on to his next project which is what makes me think he may be looking to step a little further away from the next one.

I just found out the new Jumanji movie comes out here on Friday.

Probably not a good sign that the review embargo isn’t until Saturday morning, but I might try it anyway.

Looking closer, it seems that it’s another attempt to bump up opening weekend box office: they’re screening it this weekend, but it’s not actually released for another two weeks, so they get a bonus weekend.