millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers - Hollywood Hype

This looks like it could be a good film but, man, is this a disjointed trailer.

Oh look, there’s Jeffrey Dean Morgan basically doing Negan. Which is fine, he does that really well. I hope he gets some more exposure based on his performance in Walking Dead.

That actor (Chris Abbot or something?) always reminds me of the Jon Snow guy. I constantly think it’s him. I actually think this guy is the better actor of the two.

The trailer is not very good, but yeah it could be a good movie to rent. Personally, I think it looks a bit too much like a movie that pretty much copies its approach from other movies. Nothing looked very original, but still could be a good B-movie. Quality cast will certainly make it better.

Ooh boy, there is some clunky dialogue in that.

It will be interesting to see how this report progresses and gets reported. Dunham defended the writer and then immediately apologized in the backlash.

Every woman who comes forward deserves to be heard, fully and completely, and our relationship with the accused should not be part of the calculation anyone makes when examining her case. Every person and every feminist should be required to hear her. Under patriarchy, ‘I believe you’ is essential. Until we are all believed, none of us will be believed. We apologize to any women who have been disappointed.

Now, Dunham is embroiled in a completely different controversy, but I suspect it is related to the backlash from her original defence of Miller.

At this point, I’m apprehensive. As ambiguous as everything is, I am getting a sense of a kind of hysteria around many of these allegations where the responses are far more extreme than rational. I think others may start feeling the same way.

Let’s not kid ourselves: Men still dominate positions of power in nearly every U.S. industry. Heads are only rolling because those same men have decided the costs of ignoring sexual harassment and assault claims are simply too high.

That calculus could easily change, and if it does — and I believe it will — the swing will be stunningly swift. Which doesn’t mean women should stop talking. But it does mean we need to demand more than individual firings. We need to ensure that workplaces have clear reporting mechanisms to formalize what is currently too often an ad-hoc process. And we need to push for real female power — for women to take the place of many of the men currently at the top of nearly every industry. That won’t totally prevent abuse, but it certainly would lessen it.

In connection with this, I saw this compilation.

Yeah Dunham has a very problematic history and this is just the most latest entry.

Set in Los Angeles in the summer of 1969, Tarantino’s upcoming movie, according to a source who read the script, focuses on a male TV actor who’s had one hit series and his [sic] looking for a way to get into the film business. His sidekick—who’s also his stunt double—is looking for the same thing. The horrific murder of Sharon Tate and four of her friends by Charles Manson’s cult of followers serves as a backdrop to the main story.

Considering Tarantino films of late, I could see the main characters ending up killing the Manson family in a “no one survives” shootout at the end.

What are the odds Craig T Nelson gets hit with sexual harassment allegations right before this comes out?

Close

Jeez! Can these guys keep their hands to themselves? Keep it in your pants!