millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers - Hollywood Hype

I guess “The apocalypse has been postponed!” wouldn’t have been such a rousing line.

“The apocalypse has encountered a scheduling delay. Please stand by.”

“Today, we are cancelling the apocalypse! However we have organised a replacement bus service.”

“The apocalypse has…

buffering

We are cancelling over 400 apocalypses between now and Christmas. However we are confident that we won’t lose passengers due to our low, low prices.

Wait, no one cancelled Apocalypse. It actually came out.

Might actually be interesting. I kind of liked that they played on horror tropes but (if I’m reading this right) the monsters are the good guys.

Apocalypse 2 has been canned due to revised box office projections. :slight_smile:

Apocalypse: File Not Found

Harsh is harsh, but being fired by your eponymous company has got to be a singular low!

Wow, that was fast. I have to say I didn’t expect this to happen this quickly.

Good to see he’s out. And like Steve says, it’s not that he wasn’t known as a horrible person anyway.

But as I said, he didn’t get fired for any of his previously known behaviour.

People in authority have been abusing their power for ever, it’s not even just a Hollywood thing. It happens in every industry. So it takes a shift in culture to call them to account.

I would like to see all the other tyrannical behaviour become a firing issue too.

Interesting on the BBC Radio 5 film show this week they revealed that they had been offered an interview with Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford but turned it down. Reason being they have a policy that neither presenter will interview anyone about a film unless he’s seen it first and the studio only allowed them to see 30 minutes of Blade Runner 2049 in advance.

A rare bit of journalistic integrity over the chance to feature some big A list names.

(He interviewed Michael Fassbender and Rebecca Ferguson instead).

It’ll never catch on. :wink:

I think ‘Blade Runner 2049’ looks a million times more interesting that ‘The Snowman’, and I like both Fassbender and Ferguson.

Oh absolutely, my views on BR 2049 are I loved it to bits, but a key part of what I like about the show is that Mayo’s interviews are way more insightful than most, even when he has to go through the junket process with the rest.

I’d rather they continue that than give in to a puff piece.

My board is thinking of firing me. All I’m asking is let me take a leave of absence and get into heavy therapy and counseling whether it be in a facility or somewhere else. Allow me to resurrect myself with a second chance. A lot of the allegations are false, as you know, but given therapy and counseling as other people have done, I think I’d be able to get there. If you can, I need you to send a letter to my private Gmail. The letter would only go to the board and no one else. What the board is trying to do is not only wrong but might be illegal and would destroy the company. If you could write this letter backing me getting me the help and time away I need and also stating your opposition to the board firing me, It would help me a lot. I am desperate for your help. Just give me the time to get therapy. Do not let me get fired. If the industry supports me, that is all I need. With all due respect, I need the letter today.

Cry me a river, bitch.

Fwiw, on Twitter so many women are coming forward with their sexual harassment stories answering the question: “How old were you when you first met your own Harvey Weinstein”?