millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers - Hollywood Hype

Finally got a chance to watch this. I thought it was pretty good.

Are we still due one more live-action short before the movie comes out, or is that it?

I think it’s time for an all-male Charlie’s Angels reboot.

That’d be kinda fun.

Sounds like every bit as much fun as Baywatch.

I see it more like that Starsky and Hutch movie, but with a third dude.

With a female Charlie. It could work.

I’m sure it’s been pitched.

I dunno, I didn’t know anything about it and the story I’m getting is: There’s an alien presence (probably on Earth), it’s set up some kind of dome and nobody really knows what’s going on inside. The protagonist’s husband has gone in at some point and she’s following him. Inside, the alien has been messing around with the biosphere, there are animal-plant hybrids which is also happening to people in a horrific way.

I don’t know if that’s the right impression, but I am certainly intrigued. It’s great that we’re getting proper sci-fi first encounter stories in the wake of arrival.

The books aren’t quite that story though. It’s nowhere near that simple.

That’s good to know - the more complex the better as far as I am concerned :slight_smile:

I’m just saying, I’m fine with not knowing too much - the trailer told me enough of the story that I want to see the movie. So while I’m sure further trailers will be a bit more specific, it’s already working for me.

I feel the same. We’re quick to complain about trailers giving us too much of the story - this gave us a nice taste of what to expect, and the tone of the movie, without giving too much away.

I feel like “woman goes to look for her husband in a creepy, possibly alien biosphere” is enough of a plot hook. Further trailers could give the whole thing away but I’m already there opening weekend with that hook and the sampling of visuals we got. For movies like this, the less I know the better is my general rule.

I probably won’t even watch anymore trailers for it unless I see them before a movie.

That sounds like a very good idea. I doubt I’ll be able to exercise that much self-control, but I wish I could.

Hey, if you could hold off on watching Twin Peaks: The Return as it came out, you can do anything! :slight_smile:

Sources say that New Line and Netflix are nearly closed on the untitled Shaft reboot. Netflix will pay more than half the film’s high $30 million budget, in exchange for international rights and the ability to put the film on its streaming outside the U.S. two weeks after New Line releases theatrically in the United States.

The Shaft reboot has a script by black-ish creator Kenya Barris, and will star Samuel L. Jackson in the role of John Shaft, who in 2000 played the nephew of the New York City private eye first seen in the Gordon Parks-directed 1971 action classic. Independence Day: Resurgence and Staz’ Survivor’s Remorse star Jessie T. Usher is set to play Shaft’s son, this after a long search to fill a potential star making role. He will play a young cyber expert FBI agent who, despite being estranged from his father, is forced to work with him on a case. It becomes a collision between old school and new school. Richard Roundtree is also expected to reprise his iconic role, as he did in the John Singleton-directed 2000 film.

I don’t understand why they would want to tie this one to the 2000 film, other than getting Jackson. It was pretty bad and I don’t think many people remember it fondly. They could certainly cast SLJ without connecting it to that stinker.

The only thing I remember is Christian Bale playing the hilariously preppy antagonist.

And that’s it.

Damn it. I was actually going to make a joke about how the only important question people had was if Christian Bale would be back but decided not to make it. :disappointed_relieved:

That movie had a great cast but wasn’t very good at all. Toni Collette and Jeffrey Wright were both in it.