millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers - Hollywood Hype

It was 2 years away from a chaotic surge of nostalgia. A pity.

I’ve just looked at the AICN site for (probably) the first time ever. The layout looks pretty good to me. Certainly among the best of the sites I’ve been on recently.

But David, it’s from the 1990s!

I do miss that site.

Well, obviously it’s not as good as web sites designed in the 70s!

Cameron and Miller interviewed by The Hollywood Reporter, including a video of that interview;

THR: Tim, you had a lot of heat coming off of Deadpool, and instead of doing something that is not based on pre-existing material, you decided to do this. Why this?

MILLER: To some degree, all the stories that I love are based on pre-existing materials as either a book I love or a movie I love. And I don’t make a whole lot of distinction between those two things. Story is story. I mean, I wanted to make Deadpool 2. I was going to do that, until I wasn’t. So, there was that, which took up about seven months of my time. But even then, David and I were talking, like afterDeadpool 2, it was going to be this [Terminator].

THR: So, we can thank Ryan Reynolds for you doing this?

CAMERON: Thank you, Ryan.

The director of Doctor Strange tweeted a screenshot earlier that suggests Knowles is actually still posting while pretending to be his sister.

Yeah, I saw that. It wouldn’t surprise me.

Really looking forward to that one.

Looks freaky deaky. I just hope it isn’t about language and time travel like Arrival…

Well if you didn’t know what that was about you’d have no idea from that trailer.

I’m interested, but the marketing will have to get a tiny bit more specific in the next few months.

Looks amazing to me. I’m down.

Spooky sci-fi from Alex Garland has my ticket reserved.

I think Steve is right it may need to be more specific for the general market but it is only the teaser so there’ll be more to come.

I’m not really much of a fan of Skrein as an actor, but I can’t fault his professional behaviour.

Hilton is one of the more generally positive critics around, I used to listen to his TV reviews on the radio, but he likes and knows his sci-fi

Buzz about this movie has been through the roof. It’s very exciting.

But what about Arsenio?
It’s pointless without him.

Patrick Stewart And Rebecca Ferguson Part Of Joe Cornish’s Latest

We’ve been waiting to see what Attack The Block director Joe Cornish would do next, and we won’t have to wait too much longer. He’s just started shooting The Kid Who Would Be King, and the cast now includes Patrick Stewart and Rebecca Ferguson.

The Kid Who Would Be King, written by Cornish, blends Arthurian legends with a coming of age story. We meet young Alex (Louis Serkis), a schoolboy whose everyday problems are thrown into stark relief when he discovers the mythical sword Excalibur.

With great sword power comes great responsibility, and Alex and his friends (including Dean Chaumoo’s Bedders, Tom Taylor’s Lance and Rhianna Doris’ Kaye), must thwart the ambitions of the evil Morgana (Ferguson) who has her own plans for the weapon and aims to destroy the world.

Angus Imrie will be a young version of Merlin, with Stewart as the more aged incarnation. With the backing of Working Title, Big Talk Pictures and 20th Century Fox, the film should be out in September next year.
http://www.empireonline.com/people/patrick-stewart/patrick-stewart-rebecca-ferguson-part-joe-cornish-latest/