millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers - Hollywood Hype

Surefire way to piss off Scientologists: cast a registered sex offender as the founder of their church.

Were he still alive, JT Walsh would have the right presence.

Else, Stephen Root, or Randy Quaid (if he stretches himself).

Huh.

I’ve either missed or forgotten about this. Just read his wiki. Man, that’s a sad end to a career.

Things aren’t looking good for Harry Knowles:

Since this story broke several other women have come forward. My level of surprise is probably at about a 0 out of 10, but it is sad to hear.

Apparently the Alamo Drafthouse is being implicated in helping cover it up and creating the environment that allowed this to happen, which on the heels of the Devin Faraci stuff…well, it’s not good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSdSYmXCPXU

That is pretty horrible news. Credit to the people for coming forward.

I went over to AICN to see if it had been acknowledged or any kind of statement made, but it seems like all they’ve done is switched off talkbacks for all stories. Presumably they know what kind of comments they’d get in the wake of this, but it’s not a good look.

My guess is it will kill the site. Or maybe more accurately, put it out of its misery.

Oh damn, all this time I’ve been getting AICN for Bleeding Cool.

You want to know the truth though? This is the tiniest tip of the iceberg. This was everywhere. This was how things were and not just 20 years ago, right up until recently, some people thought they could behave the way they wanted, other didn’t want to deal with the issue and just wanted it to go away and the people in the middle didn’t think anyone was listening to what they said.

In a post-Trump election, post-Cosby, post-Ailes, post so many others world; people are speaking out.

And it’s not over, expect more names named in the future.

A single tweet is the only acknowledgement the story has gotten from Knowles/AICN.

This tweet is probably more significant.

Three long time AICN contributors have quit effective immediately over the allegations.

One of AICN’s few good writers, too.

Directed by Ruben Fleischer, so it probably won’t happen until after his Venom movie, if that actually happens.

No full reviews yet, just tweets, but first reactions to Blade Runner 2049 are positive:

I’ve managed to avoid everything but the first trailer, and I’m looking forward to seeing it next week.

As much as I love Ridley Scott based on recent output any excitement I have had for BR2049 has been Villeneuve. I thought Arrival was the movie of the year.

Absolutely agree. Arrival was what got me excited for this (I thought Sicario was quite good too). I never desperately wanted another Blade Runner film but once Villeneuve was on board I started to hope it could work.

Crown describes Artemis as an adrenaline-charged crime caper that features smart, detailed world-building based on real science. It centers on Jasmine Bashara, aka Jazz, just another too-smart, directionless twentysomething chafing at the constraints of her small town and dreaming of a better life. Except the small town happens to be named Artemis—and it’s the first and only city on the moon. She’s got debts to pay, her job as a porter barely covers the rent, and her budding career as a smuggler isn’t exactly setting her up as a kingpin, much to her disappointment. So when the chance at a life-changing score drops in her lap, Jazz can’t say no, and she finds herself in the middle of a conspiracy for control of Artemis itself.

The book isn’t out yet, but I’ve been looking forward to it since it was announced.

Did it have a chapter published early somewhere? I’m sure I read an excerpt a while back.

I enjoyed The Martian book (haven’t seen the film yet), so I’ll look forward to this.

Avatar 2 Filming Starts This Week!

Patient Avatar fans have a reason to celebrate this week, as Avatar 2 filming is officially starting! While pre-production has been going on for some time, the actual filming and motion capture with the actors will now go full speed ahead.

20th Century Fox and Lightstorm Entertainment announced release dates for the four Avatar sequels back in April. Avatar 2 will be coming to theaters on December 18, 2020, and will be followed by the third film on December 17, 2021. Then there will be a three-year break in releases, as the fourth film opens on December 20, 2024, and the fifth Avatar movie is scheduled for a December 19, 2025 release.

–SNIP–

Returning from the original film are Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Joel David Moore, Stephen Lang, Matt Gerald and Sigourney Weaver. Cliff Curtis and Oona Chaplin are also joining the sequels. Cameron recently explained that Stephen Lang’s Colonel Miles Quaritch coming back for all four sequels and will be the main villain throughout the story.

“The interesting conceit of the ‘Avatar’ sequels is it’s pretty much the same characters,” Cameron said. “There are new characters and a lot of new settings and creatures, so I’m taking characters you know and putting them in unfamiliar places and moving them on this greater journey. But it’s not a whole bunch of new characters every time. There’s not a new villain every time, which is interesting. Same guy. Same motherf*cker through all four movies. He is so good and he just gets better. I know Stephen Lang is gonna knock this out of the park.”

The combined budget is, allegedly, $1bn.