millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers - Hollywood Hype

The comic is genius.

Very odd and I don’t know how it will translate (it is sort of a one joke thing…albeit a very good joke).

He. Turned. Down. Chononauts? :astonished:

Wow!

Yup:

The series revolves around a counter-intelligence unit of Multiple Personality Disorder patients, formed by psychotherapist Dr. Sebastian Ghislain, who are transformed into agents known as Triplets (referring to the three different personalities inside their minds). It is hinted that this is possible through experimental psychiatric conditioning and treatment, psychotropic drugs, and past life regression therapy. After the unit falls apart, its various members are turned into hired killers. Duncan, a Triplet who channels the skills of a Cowboy, Ninja, and Viking, is sent to find and stop the rogue Triplets.

You know, tone most of this down and make it more of a condition…you could have a stylish movie.

It’s just time for Hollywood to move on to another Chris. :wink:

Like this one?

Pfft. Have a friend who’s a Dragon/Wizard/Pirate. No contest.

The latest in a long line of possible directors.

Maybe he’ll finally get it made?

I’m not sure there’s much point in making Nuromancer. I mean, it’s an amazing book but it’s been ripped off so much that it’s going to look like a dodgy Matrix rip off.

It could easily go that way.

My opinion is that it needs to break away from the anime look and be more like ‘Alphaville’; a version of the future that’s mostly made up of bits of our real world, that feel right for the story.

The closest movie I can think of to it isn’t ‘Blade Runner’ or ‘Ghost in the Shell’, it’s ‘Inception’.

I don’t know, we still haven’t had a proper cyberpunk movie. Matrix completely missed the societal elements, which as sci-fi predictions go have turned out to be rather more accurate than the technological ones.

Also, sci-fi is a seminal work of fiction, and there’s different ways to do it - I think Steve’s suggestion is a very good one (although I would argue that that’s actually what Blade Runner is like, Steve - even when it came out, many visual aspects of that world were old-fashioned rather than sci-fi).

Anyway, Tim Miller seems completely wrong to me. I’m kind of hoping that he won’t get it done and someone else will take over soon.

It’s inspirations were often drawn from older films, it’s very noir and Deckard kept his trenchcoat even when they dropped the idea of a fedora, but the world they created around him was very stylized and unlike anywhere, even Japan and Hong Kong, which were cited as inspirations.

I’d like to see ‘Neuromancer’ be very grounded and gritty, and Freeside be the big contrast to that.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

More generally, I think one of the most relevant aspects to day would be juxtaposing the sprawl and the world most characters live in with the corporate environments.

Falling Down.

(I’m not kidding)

Isn’t “Falling Down” kind of missing the cyber aspect…?

So ‘Elysium’, but a better film?

Pretty much. Well, from what I understand about Elysium; strangely enough, I haven’t actually seen it :slight_smile:

You know, I keep seeing/reading stuff and thinking, yeah, but William Gibson did this way better over thirty years ago. Which is probably why I still want it to be adapted.

It’s a good novel, not just good scifi.

The film should be played very straight, but there’s a chance they’ll try to turn it into an action film.

:open_mouth:

Yeah, that’s exactly why I don’t like Tim Miller as a director. I think it makes that more likely.