millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers - Hollywood Hype

Part 2 of the Worst of:

Yeah, considering it’s Sony and none of the press about the movie has been good, I don’t think they’ll turn around their crappy production process with this one.

Not a great surprise, but Dark Tower is getting an absolute kicking.

Currently 18% at RT.

Some are slightly more positive, but still it doesn’t sound good.

Aham

Oh boy, that looks bad. Bored Bruce Willis making bad 80s puns? Nope.

It’s too bad, an updated Death Wish could work. When I heard Eli Roth was directing it I thought it would return to the source material and essentially be a horror movie. (The book is about the protangist’s decent into madness where everyone is deserving of a bullet.)

The Kevin Bacon version still reigns supreme.

Yeah, that’s how I felt the Kevin Bacon version was.

Yeah the Bacon film is much closer to what I was expecting from Roth. That was directed by James Wan, right?

That one was an adaptation of the original book’s sequel, IIRC, right?

Yeah, and I felt it was pretty good. Very tragic and horrific. and Bacon showed major chops that carried it.
Damn, I should rewatch it.

Eli Roth clearly loved the Cannon film series a bit too much.

Yup.

He just looks like a slightly more upbeat Punisher.

(The Funisher?)

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: DUH The PUN-isher …

Rocket just won the forum. Shut it down, everyone, time to go home.

Ascendant is in its early stages of development. It’s unclear if the project would reunite any of the stars of the films including Shailene Woodley, Theo James and Ansel Elgort. Lionsgate TV and Starz declined comment.

SNIP

Woodley, for her part, has been open to completing the story. The actress, who stars as Tris, initially rejected the idea of doing a TV movie to wrap the franchise. “I signed up to tell the whole story of Tris, and I would love to be able to do that,” she said in September. “Nothing would make me happier.” Multiple stars are expected to opt out of their deals if the movie evolves into a TV series.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the Punslinger followed…

All right, all right, all right.

A friend of mine, a reviewer, saw Dark Tower and posted this on Facebook about it:

THE DARK TOWER is a weak, half-baked adaptation that reduces Stephen King’s sprawling saga to a simplistic YA fantasy. Surprise?

So this time trailers were accurate!

Really, studios need to stop putting books in a blender and seeking the lowest common denominator. Self-defeating behavior.

Considering how the books ended… what do they think they’re going to do with a TV series?