millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers - Hollywood Hype

It’ll really only work if he can take the actual tragedy here and keep it tragic without going overblown.
It’s an ambitious prospect for his current style.

Another true story, which a much happier ending;

Clint Eastwood Casts Real Soldier Heroes in Paris Train Attack Movie

–SNIP–

Anthony Sadler, Alek Skarlatos and Spencer Stone will play themselves in Eastwood’s upcoming movie about their experience thwarting a terrorist attack.

While traveling in Europe, the trio stopped an attempted attack on a train from Brussels to Paris by overpowering the man, who was armed with an AK-47. The story was heavily covered on cable news, where the friends, one of whom was in the Oregon National Guard and another in the U.S. Air Force, were lauded for their bravery.

Jenna Fischer, Judy Greer and Ray Corasani have also been cast in the feature. Playing the various younger versions of the three leads will be Paul-Mikél Williams, Max Ivutin, Bryce Gheisar, Cole Eichenberger and William Jennings.

The Warner Bros. movies is be based on the book The 15:17 to Paris: The True Story of a Terrorist, a Train, and Three American Heroes, written by Sadler, Skarlatos, Stone and Jeffrey E. Stern. Dorothy Blyskal adapted the book for the feature, which will be produced by Eastwood, Tim Moore, Kristina Rivera and Jessica Meier.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/clint-eastwood-casts-real-life-heroes-paris-train-attack-movie-1019994

Casting the real guys is a brave move by Eastwood, just because they’re playing themselves doesn’t make it easy.

That’s…the most interesting move Eastwood has made in ages.
Could be really something.

It will be but I do understand the issues. When there are friends and family still around these things are more sensitive.

It’s why people laugh at the historical inaccuracies of Braveheart (his love interest in the film was actually a small child at the time) but the Argo ‘edits’ stung as they suggested people who actually risked their lives in the UK and NZ embassies were cowards.

There is a greater than zero chance I was being facetious

So, I win!

Woooo!

That’s not how victory works

There’s a fair chance I was being facetious as well. Haha.

Universal’s ‘Scarface’ Reboot Loses Director David Ayer

The difficult quest for a director for Universal’s Scarface continues since the studio has parted ways with Suicide Squad’s David Ayer.

Ayer’s take on the script was “too dark” for the studio’s taste, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter, though given that Scarface is, as one insider put it, “the holy grail of contemporary gangster movies,” a certain amount of darkness would be necessary.

Ayer won acclaim for penning the hard-hitting Training Day and making gritty movies such as End of Watch. Universal’s Scarface is to trade the Miami locale of the 1983 film version for L.A.

Scarface tells the story of the rise and fall of a gangster, which has seen previous versions made in 1932 and 1983, the latter of which came from director Brian De Palma and starred Al Pacino.

Diego Luna is still attached to play the West Coast Latino gangster. Dylan Clark will produce via his Dylan Clark Productions, along with Martin Bregman, who produced the 1983 Scarface film.

The search for a Scarface director has been a long one. Equalizer and Training Day helmer Antoine Fuqua was attached to the project, before dropping out due to scheduling conflicts at the beginning of this year. Hell or High Water director David MacKenzie and Patriots Day helmer Peter Berg were also circling the project at one point.

–SNIP–
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/scarface-reboot-david-ayer-no-longer-directing-1020462

I can’t think of any better idea than a PG-13 Scarface movie. Take my money now!

Maybe he could have a comedy sidekick.

A talking chainsaw perhaps?

Ayer is a pretty bleak filmmaker anyway. If you hand him something like ‘Scarface’ he’s not going to temper that bleakness.

Tony Montana was a bad guy surrounded by worse guys. I suspect that Ayer’s version may have had far less empathy than even that.

Morano’s mostly worked as a cinematographer, but she directed the brilliant first batch of The Handmaid’s Tale episodes.

Surely that’s short movie territory at best?
But then I probably would have said the same for Sully judging it by the headlines, which is a film I haven’t seen.

They’ll have to find a narrative outside just the event. I haven’t seen Sully but the reviews said it focused on the investigation of whether he had done anything wrong etc.

That one was interesting because I heard Tom Hanks interviewed on the Mayo and Kermode film show and when asked if the grilling and accusations he got from the authorities were exaggerated for dramatic effect he pretty much agreed.

Another Blomkamp, starring Dakota Fanning:

Wasn’t there already a Churchill movie quite recently?

Yes there’s one with Brian Cox playing him (the actor, not the physicist). To be honest this one looks better.

Yeah, it looks pretty good. Gary Oldman falling into “Oh shit! I didn’t realise that was Gary Oldman!” territory too.