millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers - Hollywood Hype

Did The Rock just grab a torpedo?

TAKE ALL MY MONEY :moneybag:

Wait…Guy Ritchie is directing Aladdin?!?. That’ll be…interesting :thinking:

It’s subtitled “Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Lanterns”.

Disney is taking a risk but really, I think they’re confident that the film doesn’t need a star; The concept is the star, and I think Ritchie’s hyper-kinetic style would work well, especially for the genie.

I wonder if William’s contract excludes them reusing his audio for the genie.

It does.

They can still cast a star to voice the Genie, or play Jaffar.

I love the Just Cause games. Jason Momoa though, really?

Never saw anybody “waiting on projects” as much as Momoa! At this point he must be like “Filming? Actual filming? Now?” It must be frustrating!

Good, I think it would be a terrible mistake to try and reuse it.

There are other people around that could do it (I’m not a big fan of Williams’ comic style of talking nonsense quickly, he was better as a straight actor).

Well, this is the most important piece of movie news EVER:

‘Avatar 2’ Won’t Hit Theaters In 2018, James Cameron Says

Audiences will have to wait a little longer for more Avatar, says James Cameron.

“Well, 2018 is not happening," the director told The Toronto Star. "We haven’t announced a firm release date.”

The sequel to the 2009 sci-fi blockbuster, which grossed $2.7 billion at the global box office, had not officially been dated, but it was expected for Christmas 2018.

In November 2016, Fox dated an untitled film from James Cameron’s Lightstorm Entertainment for Dec. 21, 2018.

Cameron has plans to add four Avatar films to the franchise, all of which he has been developing simultaneously. In April of last year, Cameron said that all of the scripts were complete and that the majority of the cast was already in place. Stars Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana and Sigourney Weaver are all set to make a return trip to Pandora.

Cameron added to the Star: “What people have to understand is that this is a cadence of releases. So, we’re not making Avatar 2, we’re making Avatar 2, 3, 4, and 5. It’s an epic undertaking. It’s not unlike building the Three Gorges dam.”

–SNIP–
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/avatar-2-wont-hit-theaters-2018-james-cameron-says-985135

Travis Knight To Direct ‘Transformers’ Spinoff ‘Bumblebee’ At Paramount

Bumblebee, the first spinoff of the Transformers franchise based on a popular character in the series, just landed as director Travis Knight, the helmer of the Oscar-nominated stop-motion animated success Kubo And The Two Strings. That film was Knight’s directing debut. Bumblebee would mark his first live-action film.

This time, Knight will be taking on a very different project, a big-budget 2018 tentpole for the studio. The screenplay, which emerged from Transformers director and Paramount’s writers room project, is from Christina Hodson. Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg are producing with Hasbro’s Brian Goldner and Stephen Davis.

Knight, the son of Nike founder Phil Knight, is also president and CEO of Laika. Based out of Portland, the animation house was founded about 11 years ago and since then has created high-quality and beautifully created features including The Boxtrolls, ParaNorman and Coraline. Along with Kubo, Boxtrolls was also nominated for an Oscar.
http://deadline.com/2017/03/bumblebee-movie-travis-knight-director-kubo-and-the-two-strings-1202034882/

At the same time… he’s not a very good actor. I’m actually surprised to see him turn up in television shows where his roles require more than one facial expression.

I’ve only seen him play barbarians of one sort or another, and he did that well. :crossed_swords:

When I see him play someone in a suit and tie and without a bladed weapon of some sort, I’ll be able to decide if he’s got that kind of range?

Aquaman could be a real test in the sense that he has to actually be the lead in a massive movie. Hemsworth could pull it off without really being a star, but I think he’s innately more charming.

Also, he’s not a bad actor.

For me, Momoa fits in television much better than film.