millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers - Hollywood Hype

No…it was crap.

First 2-3 issues were okay though.

So it’s Talledega Nights with animals?

Being a horror guy whenever I hear/read cigarette burns my first thought is always:

Seriously, the author of the book thought the movie was better.

Well, yeah, but it’s still a good book :slight_smile:

The movie is fine.
It’s definitely more exciting.

But the book has a great central conceit that the movie obfuscates.
As the book makes it clear this story is about homosexual man struggling with feelings for a woman.

And that’s not a reach, it really is. As Tyler’s whole occurrence is set off by the Narrator falling for Marla and he is created as an outlet to explore those emotions.

She should be Squirrel Girl!

I always think about Inglourious Basterds.
I could listen to Samuel L Jackson explain almost anything.

Jennifer Connelly Joins James Cameron’s ‘Alita: Battle Angel’

Jennifer Connelly has joined the cast of Alita: Battle Angel, James Cameron and Robert Rodriguez’s ambitious adaptation of the popular manga graphic novels.

The movie is currently in production in Texas with Maze Runner actress Rosa Salazar playing the title character.

Christoph Waltz, Mahershala Ali and Ed Skrein are also among those on the call sheet for the Fox franchise hopeful.

Rodriguez is directing the pic, while Cameron and his Lightstorm Entertainment partner Jon Landau are producing.

Set in the 26th century, Alita tells of a female cyborg (Salazar) that is discovered in a scrapyard by a scientist. With no memory of her previous life except her deadly martial-arts training, the woman becomes a bounty hunter, tracking down criminals. The action-adventure story is meant to serve as a backdrop to themes of self-discovery and the search for love.

Connelly will play one of the villains.

–SNIP–
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jennifer-connelly-joins-james-camerons-alita-battle-angel-972646

http://theplaylist.net/kevin-smith-announces-new-jay-silent-bob-reboot-20170209/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Heh. I love how, at this point, Malkovich can’t help but chew the scenery out of every word he says.

It’s a shame there never was a second series of Crossbones.

looks like a straight to Netflix film with an oddly big name cast.

It was filmed over two years ago, and still doesn’t have a US release, which isn’t a great sign.

So is the new thing going making sequels to earlier films in a series?