millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers - Hollywood Hype

I’ve read several parts of Anderson’s Saga of the Seven Suns (I think that’s the title) and they were quite good. He’s a friend of mine’s favorite author, actually.

Zombies are not dead yet. I mean, ok, yes, they ARE dead, but they keep going;

Bad Robot’s D-Day Movie ‘Overlord’ Finds Director

Julius Avery, who directed A24’s “Son of a Gun,” is set to direct Paramount and Bad Robot’s World War II pic “Overlord.”

Billy Ray and J.J. Abrams came up with the idea for the story with Ray penning the script. “The Revenant” screenwriter Mark L. Smith has done a slight polish on the draft with Abrams producing for Bad Robot.

The story follows two paratroopers who are caught behind enemy lines after their plane crashes on a mission to destroy a German Radio Tower in a small town outside of Normandy during the D-Day invasion. After reaching their target, the two paratroopers come to realize that besides fighting off Nazi soldiers, they also must combat against supernatural forces that are a result of a secret Nazi experiment.

The project was first acquired by Paramount in 2007 and has since gained steam following Avery’s attachment. Sources indicate execs have already begun meeting with talent to play the two soldiers.
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/son-of-a-gun-director-bad-robots-nazi-zombie-pic-overlord-1201975823/

Because D-Day wasn’t exciting or eventful enough to sustain a movie without adding zombies :rolling_eyes:

Zombies improve any story, just like ninjas do.

Presumably there’s a chance they’ll be Nazi Zombies, so even better.

Although nothing’s ever going to top this tagline:

http://theglobalpanorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/936full-dead-snow-poster.jpg

Zombie ninjas are the best.

They already did.

Oh, that’s good.

We’re getting off-topic here, but this is another favourite:

That’s always the trouble with horror war movies, isn’t it? It’s kinda like the supernatural is a relief from the war.

I mean, you start out with a couple of guys who probably would’ve gotten killed anyway, right? It’s hard to up the stakes with Nazi zombies.

Mines, machine gun nests, barbed wire, hundreds of trained German soldiers… oh, zombies too? Big whoop.

And once again, I’m thinking this looks very good. Clearly they know what they wanted to take from the original, and it seems like the results will look stunning, at least.

From that brief shot, I also like the look of Batou.

I thought the same thing, too.

The only way to overcome that problem is to go allegorical, metaphorical, subtextual etc.

Which is where modern zombies got their start anyway, with ‘Night of the Living Dead’.

However, those zombie movies use settings that are familiar to the audience to be metaphorical. They turn your house, mall, neighborhood into a war zone. It’s harder to turn a real war zone setting into a metaphorical war zone that’s somehow scarier - especially set in world war two which for most people only know from the movies anyway.

When have horror movies set in World War 2 really worked? I’ll be surprised if it finally makes it to the screen.

‘Below’

It’s a very well made and creepy ghost story.

Expanding the idea beyond WW2 I think ‘R-Point’ is pretty successful and ‘Jacob’s Ladder’ does a good job with PTSD.

Some “almost” films include ‘Deathwatch’ and ‘The Bunker’, but they don’t really know how to end the stories they’re telling.

Last Power Rangers Poster

I’m thinking the same thing right now.

It’s not just Batou in that shot. It’s the rest of the Shell Squad! :heart_eyes:
I wonder how much of a role they’ll all get?
Hopefully Togusa is as loveable as ever.

Batou and Daisuke are both featured on the new movie poster.