millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers - Hollywood Hype

This is the thread where you bring all of the news and shiny trailers for the films of 2016.

Here’s let’s kick of the thread with some news!

The entertainment industry may be reeling from the lack of diversity in the 2016 Oscar nominations, but the winners at the 2016 Screen Actors Guild Awards stood in stark contrast to the #OscarsSoWhite controversy.

Idris Elba scooped two awards, Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role for Netflix’s “Beasts of No Nation,” and Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries for BBC America’s “Luther.”

“How to Get Away with Murder” star Viola Davis won the award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series, while Queen Latifah took the prize for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries for her titular role in HBO’s “Bessie.” For the second year running, Netflix’s “Orange is the New Black” nabbed the ensemble award for a comedy series, with star Uzo Aduba once again taking home the gong for Female Actor in a Comedy Series.

Spotlight took the big Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture honor.

Yeah, Disney is going to be making Star Wars films until the end of time.

Movie news and trailers
Superman Extended Cut Blu-Ray Coming
Kingsman: The Golden Circle SPOILER Thread
Marvel Movies & TV General Discussion
Funko PoP Kingsman
David Harbour as Hellboy

Are the Kung Fu Panda movies any good?

I saw the last 1/2 hour of the second one and thought it was pretty standard fare.

Some of the rare nu-animation I enjoyed. Some of Jack Black’s best work (and I ain’t too fond of him). Also like that Sandoval at 3rd has Kung Fu Panda as a nick - 'cause it’s just spot on.

They’re enjoyable. They dress up pretty typical children’s message in Asian mysticism which helps to make them feel a bit new.

Yes.

Great animation, good action, kinda funny, neat outbursts of spirituality.

The next ‘XXX’ movie started shooting and Vin Diesel is posting pictures;

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/12650976_10154011057308313_8457555934377215650_n.jpg?oh=35feb3e21003ce72648bd5e972c53753&oe=576F0D87

Huge amount of fun with a great cast for each.

Thanks to all on the feedback regarding Kung Fu Panda. I appreciate it. I will definitely give them a watch.

Meanwhile I think that Ben’s avatar sums them up pretty well.

You mean, of course, in the War Boys parlance of stunning praise from their savior and avatar of V8, Immorthan Joe, yes?

No?

Oh, you meant it seriously?

Well then…

Put this here because it mentions both DC and Marvel characters:

This is looking phenomenal. Interesting that they’re downplaying Stewart in this since I would think him being the villain would be a big selling point.

Film’s not really my style but I love that cover of Bad Moon Rising.

Elizabeth Banks is playing Rita Repulsa in the new Power Rangeds film.

I like the casting. I was all about Power Rangers as a kid, so I’m curious to see if this will hit the right nostalgia note or not.

Vin Diesel confirms Fast & Furious 9 & 10… it will never end.

Oh, there are pics of xXx 3 on his instagram too.

Not while it continues to make $1.5bn at the box office. :smile:

xXx is the bigger surprise to me. I didn’t think the other two did that well.

The second one didn’t have Diesel and the first one was released before he was such a big star. I imagine a new one will do well just off the back of the success of the Fast and Furious movies.

I’m with you though, I thought the franchise was pretty much dead at this point.

The second one had Ice Cube and still didn’t seem to do well.