millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers 2 - The Sequel

New Gareth Evans:

The 2D animated sequences are unexpected, I wasn’t expecting them to do that in a modern sequel.

EDIT:
I’m talking about ‘Mary Poppins’ of course, not ‘The Girl in the Spider’s Web’.

The Poppins trailer seems to be trying too hard to remind people of the original. I hope it does more of its own thing too rather than just go over all the familiar beats.

That Mary Poppin’s trailer looks bad. I honestly have no idea who or what it’s aiming for.

It seem unlikely.

With Miranda’s accent in that trailer I will watch this if he and Dick Van Dyke share a scene because…hoo-boy.

Am I the only one getting a Maggie Smith vibe from most of Blunt’s lines in that MPR trailer? Sounded more like Professor McGonagle than Julie Andrews.

It’s going to be weird watching a film by Evans without subtitles. A shame that I won’t be able to see this in the cinema.

‘Apostle’ was my kind of thing until the brain drill showed up.

That’s not my kind of horror movie.

Good luck to them, I’ll be watching something else on Netflix.

The Girl in the Spider’s Web looks like it might be alright. But I definitely feel like I’ve seen the whole movie just from the trailer. Spoiling that Lisbeths sister is the villain, was a stupid move.

I assume it’s a reveal made fairly early in the film; less detective story, more screwed up family revenge movie?

To be honest though, it looks like the TV version of something that two films had already made as cinema.

I’m also less interested as it’s based on the first book after Larsson’s death. It’s a spinoff/fanfic story.

The original Swedish movie was made-for-TV. The Larsson-written sequels aren’t very good anyway. The third book especially, which completely sidelines Lisbeth by having her in prison for almost the entire book. Spider’s Web isn’t a great book, but I enjoyed it more than them.

I’ve only read two of the books; ‘Dragon Tattoo’ and ‘Played with Fire’ and I agree they don’t sustain the reader’s attention.

I just find the evil twin plot a bit too much here. It might actually be a fine thriller, but I don’t care at the moment.

That’s probably my problem though.

‘Charlie’s Angels’ Adds Patrick Stewart to Play Another Bosley

The cast for Elizabeth Banks’ Charlie’s Angels reboot, and the latest piece of casting provides some info about the setting. We previously reported that Banks would be playing Bosley alongside the eponymous angels with Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott (Power Rangers), and Ella Balinska (Midsomer Murders) set for the lead roles. Today, THR reports that Patrick Stewart has joined the cast, and will also be playing Bosley.

How will this work? Because this isn’t the same old Angels. In the upcoming reboot, the Angels are no longer a female-fronted detective agency as they were in the TV series and the McG movies. This time around, the Townsend Agency is “a security and intelligence service that has teams around the world,” and this story will focus on one team. Each team is led by a “Bosley”, who speaks for the mysterious and never seen owner of the agency. That’s a clever twist, and one that makes the Angels seem bigger, and certainly more appropriate for 2018 than a detective agency, which is a bit old-fashioned. Plus, if you need to draw people back in, you don’t want to do a retread of what’s come before.

–SNIP–

Stewart, for his part, has been keeping busy. He was recently announced as the lead in a new Star Trek series where he would reprise his beloved character Jean-Luc Picard. He’s also playing Merlin in Joe Cornish’s The Kid Who Would Be King.

The upcoming reboot of Charlie’s Angels is due to open on September 27, 2019.

He probably just got the part because he’s bald.

Yeah… I don’t think this is going to happen.

That Mary Poppins Returns trailer looks much less like a horror film than the last one. I love that they’re keeping the horrible accents too. :wink: