millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers 2 - The Sequel

f690af23-300d-4d6a-873d-d5e13bd57bbc

:wink:

That’s right, sharks ride tornados. Everyone knows that.

Was the book very good?

No. Alten is not a good writer (pedestrian is probably a good description of his style). He’s pretty much the definition of an airport paperback author. He’s milked the hell out of Meg’s success though, there’s like 5 or 6 books in the series.

That Carrey film looks incongruously grim.

That was it’s original title.

Bunch of interesting looking movies on the horizon.

I thought it already came out like two years ago…?

fun fact my better half played an extra in “The Wife”
Filmed on the Scottish coast over a year ago.

And no she’s not in the trailer.
:disappointed_relieved:

That trailer really didn’t do much for me. It kind of feels like a retread of the first one. I will still see it but I’m not that excited for it.

Yeah that’s pretty much how I ended up feeling too. I was super excited when the sequel was announced but just switching the roles isn’t enough to make it something new or special. I really hope there’s some kind of twist that the trailers aren’t revealing. Otherwise I’ll probably wait for it to come out on video.

I didn’t realize Chastain’s casting was already official. That’s pretty cool. I could definitely see McAvoy and Hader working in those roles. I wish Muschietti was a better filmmaker, but at least he and his staff can put together a great cast.

The unexpected money it made will certainly help in beefing up the casting for the sequel.