millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers 2 - The Sequel

I’m always a bit amused by large-caliber firearms. I always used a .22. Then again, I hit what I’m aiming at. No more guns now. Bare hands and attitude!

‘Top Gun 2’ is pushed to 2020 and ‘A Quiet Place 2’ will open that year as well;

Currently 92% on RT.

(That last one is written by David Lister, who should know what he’s talking about when it comes to space travel.)

Tully was a good comeback for Reitman; hopefully he doesn’t immediately blow it.

‘Fantastic Beasts’, ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’, ‘Venom’ Top List Of Most-Anticipated Fall Movies

According to a Fandango survey, the Warner Bros. Potterverse sequel topped the list with 20th Century Fox’s Bohemian Rhapsody in second place. Following the Freddie Mercury biopic is Sony’s Spider-Man spinoff Venom and rounding out the bunch are Disney’s Ralph Breaks the Internet and the remake of A Star Is Born with Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper.

Over 1,000 film fans voted in Fandango’s fall movie survey which polled moviegoers which movies they were looking forward to seeing between Sept. 7 and Thanksgiving weekend. Bohemian Rhapsody and A Star is Born are likely to be award season bait, but let’s not discount the other three. With the Academy’s new “Best Popular Movie” category, they may be in the running as well.

–SNIP–

Good news for Sony.

Cuba Gooding Jr. tries his hand at directing.

It happens. The same actor who played Notorious B.I.G. in Notorious also played him in All Eyez on Me.

And there’s that guy who got cast as “Joker henchman” recently in both the movies and Gotham.

Is this going to be like when Michael Keaton turned up as Ray Nicolette in Out Of Sight a year after he played him in Jackie Brown?

Nah, that was a planned thing. This just seems to be a coincidence.

More festival reviews, the new Cuaron: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/roma_2018?

There are more than a few of these catastrophes in Roma, and they are technical wonders. Cuaron’s sense of depth and panoramic movement has never been put to more stunning use (and yes, I’m counting that shot in Children of Men : this is more symphonic, more emotionally fantastical stuff). His camera roves around in slow pans and running dolly shots, taking in every moving piece, whether it’s the exhilarating simplicity of Cleo and Adela running down the busy streets of Mexico City to meet their boyfriends, or the tense din of a student protest.

Definitely seems like something I want to see in the cinema rather than Netflix. :pensive:

I’ll see it, Cuaron is always interesting.

I’m divided on the real benefits of a cinema viewing, for me it’s rarely about the scale of the image, it’s the experience of watching it with other people.

Some of my favourite “theatrical” screening have been in small scale screening rooms, but it was with a bunch of people who were into the film and that made it special.

IMAX has it’s place, but that may not be this movie.