millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers 2 - The Sequel

It’d be great if they have the character who’s a kid who would grow up to be Rufus.

His description on this interview from last year at least seems to be consistent with what they said in the earlier video.

Yeah, it sounds similar to story descriptions that have cropped up in interviews for a while now. I really hope it happens - the Bill and Ted movies were a mainstay of my early teens and it would be a lot of fun to revisit that story.

Did James Franco release his April Fools Day joke a couple days late?

Not going to lie. I thought the title of the movie was ”Redband Trailer” and thought holy f%#k that’s genius!

I think he’ll get attention, but to be honest, he’ll make more money from people accidentally renting his movie thinking it is the giant monster movie instead of the mass murder one.

But crucially, the bizarre tax laws in Germany mean that any wealthy Germans who invest in a movie can write-off the production cost, delay paying their taxes and generally reduce their tax burden. When you disseminate all the boring legal business law surrounding it the bottom line is this – the German investors in a movie only pay tax on any RETURNS the movie makes, their investment is 100% deductible, so the minute the movie makes a profit, said investor has to start paying tax. Plus the investors can actually borrow money to put towards investment and write that off too. Assuming you’re a sharp enough businessman you have a potential goldmine in the making; a way to make money from investing in bad movies…

Unfortunately for Boll, but fortunately for the eyes and ears of many moviegoers, Germany no longer offers the same tax incentives for this real-life “The Producers” scam.

Thank God, yeah.

I think I’ve told this story before, but I actually held the screenplay to Boll’s debut movie “Das erste Semester” in my hands back in 1996 or so. I was living in student’s housing and our house had become the location for some of the scenes in that movie, an insipid university comedy. They left one of the screenplays lying around and we had some fun with it, reading out loud the worst bits. It was really terrible, but I think this was before he ran those investment scams and he actually got people to finance this one in the normal way.

It is very satisfying to see Boll finally not failing upwards anymore, but down and further down.

Ayyyyy Bough is back.

That wasn’t the trailer?

I think someone could make a career out of remaking all the licensed films Boll made, but turning them into reasonably good movies.

I’m in

What, you mean like sneaking into Boll’s confidence by pretending to be a journalist who wants to write a biography about this legendary director, and then growing closer to him while slowly killing him with a very slow-working poison, and while he’s on his death-bed, assure him that only you can make sure his heritage is properly appreciated by the rest of the world in the years after his death, and thus get him to leave it all to you, including the movie rights, and then remake them all and become rich and famous?

Really, Jonny, that’s kind of crazy. What kind of person would even think of a plan like this?

Dammit, Christian! Stop reading my fanfic!

When it actually shows up in theaters, then I’ll believe it’s real.

:expressionless:

Jump back in time to 2016: Gilliam and producer Paulo Branco reached an agreement regarding The Man Who Killed Don Quixote. In that contract, Branco was to provide the necessary funding for production - with Gilliam retaining final cut on the film - in exchange for the rights.

However, Branco balked on financing Don Quixote, causing Gilliam to seek funding elsewhere. Production actually went off without a hitch - with Gilliam reportedly being very happy with the finished product - and it seemed like Branco was out of the scene forever.

Unfortunately for Gilliam, Branco’s come out of hiding, with a claim that Don Quixote is not to be released without his express permission, since he technically owns the rights based on that 2016 contract. Gilliam believes that the document was null and void due to Branco, you know, never coming up with the money. Yet the litigation still needs to be heard in court before the picture can even grace the festival circuit.

Now, the case is going before a judge - with Gilliam suing Branco for full rights to The Man Who Killed Don Quixote - but the judgment won’t be handed down until June 15th. This means that the possible premiere at Cannes is totally fucked. At the earliest, Gilliam wouldn’t be able to plan a release until mid-Summer, and that’s if the court even rules in his favor.

That’s some albatross around Terry Gilliam’s neck.

Oh, wait…
albatross

I think if they’ve released a trailer, it’s probably more or less good to go.

Glad the fat giants are still in it, and made the trailer!