millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers 2 - The Sequel

I feel the same. I paid to see the first one at the cinema and thought it was pretty mediocre, so never bothered with any of the others.

(Although I caught the first five minutes of the second movie on TV once, and it convinced me I made the right choice.)

I maintain that Soundwave in DOTM was pretty kewl.

Universal’s film adaptation of the graphic novel Cowboy Ninja Viking is going back into development, Deadline has confirmed. We’re hearing the property is an important one for the studio, and they want to make sure they have their ducks in a row.

They’re worried that it’s a weird idea and that no-one outside of a few geeks will care.

I’m a geek and I care, but I can’t say I blame them.

Never read the comic, but the title puts me off immediately.
Maybe it could have worked in 2004.

Is this an lazy way to give a Marvel movie an Oscar? (“Here Black Panther , have this fake Oscar instead of the real nomination you deserve!”) Will the Academy be awarding the most memed film of the year? The one that caused the most debate across Film Twitter? Doesn’t this inherently suggest every other film outside that category is “unpopular”? If something has Oscar buzz throughout awards season, is it now only “popular” and ineligible for other categories? If people are voting on how well liked a movie is, then evaluations of quality are totally thrown out the window.

The specific requirements for the new category have yet to be revealed, but the AMPAS letter notes more details will soon be announced. It sure feels like the Oscars is turning into the MTV Movie Awards. But wait, there’s some more concerning news. The letter states that future Oscars will be edited to a three-hour broadcast to make the show “more accessible.”

The “We want to give Marvel an award so people will watch” award.

Wait, deserve?
Hahaha.

The Oscar show needs to run for half the usual time and stop giving crap comedy routines to non-comedians.

But cutting the running time would be the most important change.

Are we still talking about Marvel movies?

No, the TV series.

I think we all settled on the TV shows being a 40 minute special.

Less is more is often hard to sell with these things I think. It’s a big rating show so they want to expand it to get more ad revenue in more breaks but it ends up boring people to death.

I think it hastened the demise of a few popular reality shows as what started as fairly bright and breezy fare and were hits got longer and longer every year until they became a chore to watch and people dropped off.

James Gunn In Demand for Major Studio Movies After Disney Firing

James Gunn may have been fired by Walt Disney Studios from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, but many in Hollywood are looking to work with the controversial filmmaker.

Gunn, who was fired July 20 after past offensive tweets came to light, has been approached by several top producers and executives at major studios dangling big film projects, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

“I’d work with him in a heartbeat,” says one senior executive at a rival studio. Like the dozen or so execs and producers THR spoke with, this exec asked to remain anonymous because Gunn is not permitted to entertain other offers while his negotiation to exit Disney is ongoing.

“I’ve been advised that we can’t bring anything to him until the Disney matter is 100 percent resolved,” says another studio executive. Major players said to be interested in Gunn’s services run the gamut between studios, including Warner Bros., which has its rival superhero movies via DC Entertainment, and high-profile and Oscar-winning producers.

–SNIP–

Multiple sources say that Gunn, represented by UTA and attorney Andrew Hurwitz, remains locked in complicated negotiations with Disney over his exit settlement. Gunn has written the script for Guardians and was to have directed the third installment of a franchise whose first two entries (also written and directed by Gunn) grossed $773 million and $863 million, respectively.

Sources say that Gunn, while under contract for the third movie, likely was not "pay or play,” a status that would require Disney to pay him his full fee regardless of whether his services are actually used. Filmmakers typically reach “pay or play” status when a movie is officially greenlit or eight weeks prior to the start of production, neither of which had occurred. But Gunn is not said to have breached his contract because the offensive tweets were sent years before he first signed with Disney’s Marvel Studios.

Some experienced talent reps estimate that due to the unique situation, Gunn could receive a payout of $7 million to $10 million, if not potentially higher. And, more importantly, he would be free to take on another project immediately. Also affecting the negotiations is that sources say Disney plans on using Gunn’s script for the third movie.

Disney, Marvel and reps for Gunn declined to comment.

And there may be an unexpected twist to the story. Two sources say there is a hope through the talks that Gunn could return in some fashion, even if it’s to develop and direct another Marvel movie. “An end-all verdict hasn’t been issued and conversations with Marvel are still ongoing,” says one source familiar with the proceedings.

That leaves Gunn and his potential suitors waiting to see the outcome of the talks. “Most people feel his comments were coming out of his brand of comedy [at the time he made them],” says another studio exec. “Having an inappropriate sense of humor shouldn’t be a crime.”

–SNIP–

Get him for Blue and Gold.

If only another comic brand had a team of outcast losers with a crappy comic history that could use a franchise. :wink:

You’re right…they should replace Duvernay with Gunn for New Gods.

Ooooo. Not a property that shitty. :wink: