millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers 2 - The Sequel

Ryan Gosling is heading into outer space — for his new movie, First Man.

In the upcoming historical drama, the Oscar-nominated actor stars as pioneering astronaut Neil Armstrong. The film, which re-teams Gosling with his La La Land director Damien Chazelle, follows Armstrong’s incredible journey to becoming the first person to walk on the Moon in 1969.

“What fascinated me about Neil Armstrong is that he is kind of a mystery,” Chazelle tells PEOPLE. “For someone that accomplished something that is among one of the most famous things that anyone has ever accomplished, the human himself is a little bit of an enigma. And it’s funny, the first time I ever met Ryan was to pitch him this role, before we did La La Land together, so it was a dream to have him in this role.”

–SNIP–

The Sony pic has brought aboard Damian Lewis, Luke Perry, Emile Hirsch, Dakota Fanning, Clifton Collins Jr, Keith Jefferson and Nicholas Hammond in supporting roles for a lineup that already includes Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, Burt Reynolds, Timothy Olyphant, Michael Madsen and Tim Roth.

As befits a Tarantino pic, the casting intrigues: Lewis will play the iconic actor Steve McQueen; Fanning is set as Squeaky Fromme, the Manson disciple who later tried to assassinate President Gerald Ford; Hammond will play director Sam Wanamaker; and Hirsch is Jay Sebring, the Hollywood hairstylist who was one of four victims in the Tate murders on Cielo Drive.

Perry is set to play Scotty Lancer, Collins is Ernesto The Mexican Vaquero, and Keith Jefferson is Land Pirate Keith. It’s the third Tarantino film for Jefferson, who also appeared in The Hateful Eight and Django Unchained.

That looks like a bad superhero movie.

Have I just been Rick Rolled? :confused:

What you get up to in your spare time is none of my business.

Coincidentally, these two movies with trailers released simultaneously are both written by Stephen Knight.

picard-facepalm

I think you need to lie down in a quiet room and reflect on that.

This is literally just How To Train Your Dragon 2 again.

Nope.
I’m good

Isn’t the writer of the Martian and the director of Cabin in the Woods the same person?

This feels like a Queen & Country story with a male lead.

That’s got straight to dvd written all over it.

Recasting Mal is one thing, but changing the ship is something else entirely. :angry:

What else is it?

I’m sure Mark will post his own topic on this soon, but:

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/kick-ass-reboot-kingsman-universe-coming-matthew-vaughn-new-studio-exclusive/

Kick-Ass Reboot and Kingsman Universe Coming from Matthew Vaughn’s New Studio

The filmmaker is planning a reboot of the Kick-Ass series — and while he won’t confirm which incarnation of the character it would involve, he does strongly hint that Patience Lee, an African-American single mother who’s taken on the vigilante mantle, could be in the frame. A solo Hit-Girl film is also in discussion, and could either focus on an older Mindy Macready, or look at her younger years growing up under the tutelage of Big Daddy. “We’re going to reboot Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl,” Vaughn confirms. “Look what Mark Millar is doing with the comic for clues.”

Another Millar property that Vaughn will be expanding on the big screen is Kingsman. As well as a third regular Kingsman film (“the conclusion of the Harry Hart-Eggsy relationship,” say Vaughn), a spin-off titled Kingsman: The Great Game will explore the spy organisation in the early 1900s. The two films will shoot back-to-back. Also on the way will be an eight-hour Kingsman TV show, and a Statesman film following the world of Channing Tatum, Jeff Bridges and Halle Berry’s American agents.

Hmm. I liked the first Kick-Ass and Kingsman movies, but the follow-ups were both disappointments. I think it’s still too soon for another Kick-Ass after that sequel.

Maybe if it can be done cheap, Blumhouse-style, but I don’t see that suggested.

Three more Kingsman movies and a TV show is a bit much too.

No word on who’s going to write or direct these yet.

Random comics-related things