millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers 2 - The Sequel

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s me. I loved that movie so much as a kid. Maybe enough to actually watch a remake. If they include the duel, that is. Man, that was so awesome.

2 Likes

Yeah and it’s really actually a sign of why Netflix are doing well (at least in audience size if not financially right now).

We have family accounts and what Netflix looks like to me is very different to her and even the children with their kids accounts are distinct. What’s interesting is they aren’t even formatted the same, I have a banner ad for Stranger Things, ‘new releases’ and ‘trending’ appear first. Audrey gets the banner ad for 'After’ and ‘continue watching’ and ‘popular on Netflix’ appear first. The shows appearing even in ‘popular on Netflix’ are very different.

I know we all understand it’s powered by algorithms etc but seeing it in action is like you are watching different channels completely. It’s also worth thinking about when we have discussed a few times here that Netflix just dumped some show out without promoting it at all, well more accurately they didn’t promote it to me or you.

4 Likes

Yes, we have four different accounts on our login and they all appear quite different, and well-tailored to our interests. It’s cleverly done.

2 Likes

I never watched Blair Witch, in part because I kind of missed the moment just when it came out and then when so many people were talking about it I felt like I knew too much for it to work properly for me. And also, being a horror B-movie nerd in the nineties, I may have been a bit elitist about Blair Witch being such a mainstream success and decided that it wasn’t for me because of that.

But I don’t think I’ll ever watch it now, what with most retrospective reviews being rather mixed, and with the found footage approach having been done so often now. You can’t recapture that sense of originality.

2 Likes

It’s very much a Lifetime movie and will do well with the audience for those.

1 Like

Hamlet?

I suppose the scenes where Simba kills Nala’s father, she commits suicide, Simba sends Timon and Pumbaa to the land of the tigers for execution, Scar poisons Sarabi while Simba and Nala’s brother kill each other before Simba kills Scar and some completely unheard of lion takes over the kingdom were changed during development.

2 Likes

The rest is silence.

3 Likes

Will Lion King come complete with lion (and other animals) private parts? It would be mayhem furry heaven.

1 Like

This feels like a spiritual sequel to original Prisoner.

It’s not identical obviously, but there are very close parallels and even lines virtually lifted from the original. (One that always stands out for me is Mufasa’s line about how a king dies and his body becomes the grass.)

Plus, the straight-to-video third movie is a version of Rosencrantz And Guildenstern Are Dead but with Timon and Pumbaa, which is inspired.

4 Likes

Talking of Timon and Pumbaa, I just read this.

That would have been fun.

4 Likes

That’s… amazing. Now I actually want to see it.

3 Likes
8 Likes

Every film in this series looks to be better and better. Can’t wait for the fouth now.

Yeah, at some point they should be good. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have you broken into @Miqque’s special stash again?

1 Like

Ah, reading too fast, joke doesn’t work!

But the trailer looks good. I have high hopes for this being a return to form.

1 Like

Lion King 3, or Hakuna Matata as it is called, is not bad. There are some good laughs in there.

Golden Circle was everything I wanted from the first movie. This seems to be as, if not more, outrageous fun.

1 Like