millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers 2 - The Sequel

Yeah, it’s an interesting look at the behind the scenes drama. Although a lot of that drama does feel rather manafactured most of the time. I still enjoyed it though.
I used to watch Formula 1 quite a bit, but fell off when channel 4 and sky split the races. But after watching this I’ll probably take a look at the 2019 season.

It’s been a few years since I’ve kept up but the number of crashes (and drama behind them) even in that trailer look high for modern F1.

Alien: Alone — Hope, an abandoned crew member aboard the derelict chemical hauler Otranto, has spent a year trying to keep her ship and herself alive as both slowly fall apart. After discovering hidden cargo, she risks it all to power up the broken ship in search of human life. Written and directed by Noah Miller.

Alien: Containment — Four survivors find themselves stranded aboard a small escape pod in deep space. Trying to piece together the details around the outbreak that led to their ship’s destruction, they find themselves unsure to trust whether or not one of them might be infected. Written and directed by Chris Reading.

Alien: Harvest — The surviving crew of a damaged deep-space harvester have minutes to reach the emergency evacuation shuttle. A motion sensor is their only navigation tool leading them to safety while a creature in the shadows terrorizes the crew. However, the greatest threat might have been hiding in plain sight all along. directed by Benjamin Howdeshell.

Alien: Night Shift: — When a missing space trucker is discovered hungover and disoriented, his co-worker suggests a nightcap as a remedy. Near closing time, they are reluctantly allowed inside the colony supply depot where the trucker’s condition worsens, leaving a young supply worker alone to take matters into her own hands. Written and directed by Aidan Breznick.

Alien: Ore — As a hard-working miner of a planet mining colony, Lorraine longs to make a better life for her daughter and grandchildren. When her shift uncovers the death of a fellow miner under mysterious circumstances, Lorraine is forced to choose between escape or defying management orders and facing her fears to fight for the safety of her family. Written and directed by the Spear Sisters.

Alien: Specimen — It’s the night shift in a colony greenhouse, and Julie, a botanist, does her best to contain suspicious soil samples that have triggered her sensitive lab dog. Despite her best efforts the lab unexpectedly goes into full shutdown and she is trapped inside. Little does she know, an Alien specimen has escaped the mysterious cargo, and a game of cat and mouse ensues as the creature searches for a host. Written and directed by Kelsey Taylor.

Besides Will Smith, I absolutely dislike the cast of Aladdin. None of them look like their counterparts and they all look “bland”… they could’ve done a much better job of it.

Looks like Singer May be off of Red Sonja:

42 was surprisingly terrible so that doesn’t excite me at all.

In the curious case of Wonder Park , that would have been a little difficult. By the time the film had reached audiences, no director had been credited. Alan Smithee, the famed pseudonym attached to cinema’s disowned darlings, hasn’t even stepped in to to take credit. So is there a secret director or is this simply the first film to direct itself into existence?

Well, there may actually be a good reason for the omission. Back in January, when the film was originally titled Amusement Park, then-director Dylan Brown was fired from the project after multiple complaints of “inappropriate and unwanted behavior.”

“We are committed to fostering a safe and professional workplace that is free of harassment or inappropriate conduct, so we take allegations of misconduct and impropriety very seriously,” a Paramount rep said in a statement. “We received allegations of inappropriate and unwanted conduct by Dylan Brown in the workplace and we conducted a thorough investigation, and he is no longer employed by the company.”

More lawyers making mo’ money is my guess.

I’m very pleased about this. I love the Rogers and Astaire rom-coms and have been irked by the lack of blu-ray release for any of them outside of Japan (of all places). Hopefully Swing Time (which was actually the first of them I saw and thus my favourite) will make it over the pond for the slightly less comprehensive UK version of the Criterion Collection. Unlike the Breakfast Club, which came in the US over a year ago and has no signs of reaching region B.

They are apparently making a biopic of the life of Mary Anning, who was an awesome and inspirational, influentional, trail-blazing, self-taught scientist of the Victorian era. But this is very disappointing:

I know sex sells, but I dream of a day when science itself, or even just the true story of an inspirational woman, is enough to interest people…

Yes, it was a shame they had to shoehorn that lesbian subplot into Captain Marvel.

Meanwhile, biopics of gay men minimalise or give brief nods to their sexuality.

If that’s a reference to Bo Rap, wasn’t that done to be sort of in line with the wishes of said gay man, though? That’s how I read the movie.

But I can see the issue you’re highlighting.

Any other examples of gay mens sexuality marginalised in their own biopics?

Easy enough to do with Skrulls, mind.

The imitation game came to mind instantly

Oh yeah, I feel like an ass for forgetting. That was horrible.

I think we need some kind of official quota for lesbian sex in movies.

I am interested in upcoming movies like the American take on Godzilla featuring all the other monsters Rhodan, Ghidorah, etc. and obviously the Avengers movie and others.

Thing is I am tempted to just “tradewait”, or should I say, wait for it all to come out on iTunes/digital, download it all, and bingewatch it over a weekend in the Fall.