millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers 2 - The Sequel

Brightburn looks so f’ed up. Looks like something someone would have made when they were incredibly angry. Like maybe when someone fired you you from your dream job over something really old and inconsequential.:exploding_head:

I think Brightburn looks kinda awesome.

I definitely would have watched it if it was direct to Netflix.

I’m so excited for this and I don’t even care about Gundam.
Hollywood will nail the live-action anime adaptation just in time for superhero movies to go the way of the western.
Or at least that happens in my head.

Before that, Hollywood need to sort out how they are going to adapt Akira in terms of creating a film that will connect with a global audience. Casting is going to be a major problem because changing the setting will be a terrible idea. I think with Gundam, you’re able to build an international cast. With Akira if you start making changes for it to appeal to a wider number of people it’s a shit show unless you get it right.

Thinking about it, Akira should really be an HBO series shot in Japan with Japanese actors and spoken in English as a concession. Unfortunately no one will ever front the money for that because they want actors who appeal to large numbers of western audiences and can do top level PR in the US, Canada and Europe.

Live-action anime is drought with some difficulties like this, but mostly the idea is multi-cultural and can be displaced. If you displace Akira you tear in two because location is a major character. You can’t have The Wire without Baltimore. Well, I mean, you can, but it’s not going to be The Wire anymore.

Anyway, that is my off-on-one moment for today.

Taika Waititi is still supposed to be working on the live-action Akira, probably after his current movie is done.

I’m not sure that will pan out. Disney may have enough away to get him back for something else in the MCU.

Whoever adapts it is going to have a difficult time anyway in terms of making it stand alone or open to sequels, and that’s before you even get to the question of location.

Gundam , the first live-action film based on the popular mecha anime and science fiction media franchise created by Sunrise.

ahem:

SX385%5B1%5D

A synopsis:

Adapted from a script written 25 years ago that was based on Robert Rodriguez’s experiences in a Medical Research Facility, RED 11 is a Horror/Thriller set in a dark, twisted version of the Legal Drug Research world. At these Facilities, young guys become Lab Rats to make quick money, but our hero RED 11 is here to buy his way out of a huge debt to the tune of $7,000. This story shows the quirks, characters, and comedy of Robert’s experiences of being a human Lab Rat, but with a sci fi and horror twist, because while under the influence of experimental drugs, Red 11 doesn’t know if what’s in front of him is fact or fiction.

This is turning out to be a pretty cool day for movie news.

There is absolutely no way a new Akira could improve on the original, no matter how they did it.

How about 80% more motorcycle races?

Oh, interesting idea, let me think… :thinking:NO .

Heresy!

There aren’t any motorcycle races in Akira, so 80% more would still be no races.

I suppose you could put Vin Diesel and The Rock in it and call it The Akira and the Furious :thinking:

Forget Akira and just call it Torque 2

Well it depends, if you are adapting the movie, maybe you’re right, however if you’re adapting the Manga there is so much more cool stuff you can get on screen as well as what they already did.

Torque 2: Torque Is Cheap

You could make it a proper trilogy since the comic is essentially made up of three distinct sections while the original only covered two.