millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers 2 - The Sequel

That couldn’t look lamer if it tried.

I know it’s not cheap, but it looks like it’s too expensive for the money that they do have. None of the big CG looks good. The cash has been spread too thin.

I still like the cast, still like Hellboy and the BPRD and still want to like it but… they’re not making it easy.

I for one think it looks fun. I like that they’re going all-out with Earth being invaded; it looks like at the end of the movie, the world could have changed to the kind of scenario the ongoing BPRD series has been dealing with.

I broke a rule and looked at the Youtube comments on the trailer.

They’re VERY positive!

The film could be a big hit!

That should be @davidm’s favorite movie ever with that song in the trailer. :wink:

They’re including the Jaguar god, that’s pretty cool.

Based on the new trailer, I’m looking forward to this Hellboy film. Great casting; I’m particularly looking forward to Jovovich as Nimue.

I was hoping for a view of Lobster Johnson in the trailer, but I had to settle for Gruagach and the Baba Yaga. :slight_smile:

That movie looks just trashy enough to be awesome.

Growing up, there was no series of books that I loved more than R.L. Stine ‘s Fear Street novels, which were much scarier and more violent than the author’s Goosebumps series that I read as a kid. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the latest Fear Street book as a horror-loving pre-teen, which is why as a so-called adult, I’ve been so eager to dig up details of the Fear Street movie — or should I say movies — in the works at 20th Century Fox and Chernin Entertainment. And now Collider can exclusively report that up-and-coming actors Kiana Madeira and Olivia Welch are set to star in the ambitious genre project.

Plot details are being kept under wraps, but sources say that Madeira ( right ) and Welch ( below ) will each be playing gay teenagers trying to navigate their rocky relationship when they’re targeted by the crazy horrors of their small town, Shadyside. Each actress will be playing two different characters — one in the mid-’90s, and one in the 1600s, when gay women faced even greater adversity and repercussions — and they’re both slated to appear in all three films, according to sources.

So is each movie set in a different time period, but with the same leads, or will they be cutting between them, Cloud Atlas-style?

Anyway, I like Leigh Janiak and Alex Ross Perry a lot, so I’m on board.

Fear Street had a lot of “legacy curses” and “reincarnation horror”, so it could go either way.

No, no, everybody needs to stop licensing this song :angry: . It’s constant royalty income like this that means Deep Purple doesn’t need to tour any more :cry:

(Also, that’s a pretty terrible version)

I agree with you 100%.

Thank you. That’s almost exactly the reaction I wanted.

I have friends that are in a Latin jazz/salsa band that did a cover of Smoke on the Water as a bit of a joke that was pretty great. :wink:

Also, has Deep Purple really toured since the mid-90’s or do cover bands count? :wink:

:angry:

Finally:

Will there be murders?

Evidence the DVD/BR and streaming market still works. By any normal analysis that film did not make its money back at the box office or at a generous estimate just scraped it. I’m up for more as it was great.

The interesting thing is that in the late 90s and noughties the DVD market made more than cinema releases, that dropped away but seems to have become a narrative of it being completely worthless in the media. In fact even just on physical media it’s not an insignificant amount, on The Numbers it adds up to around a quarter of the theatrical gross in the US, or $26m before whatever iTunes or Netflix bring in plus the same globally.

Carrie Coon and Finn Wolfhard in talks for new Ghostbusters movie

The new Ghostbusters movie will focus on a single mother and her family, and Carrie Coon and Finn Wolfhard are in talks to star as the mother and son, sources tell EW.

Up in the Air filmmaker Jason Reitman is directing the film, which is set three decades after the Peter Venkman, Egon Spengler, Ray Stantz, and Winston Zeddemore saved the world from a demonic apocalypse.

Casting for the rest of the family is still underway, and Sony Pictures has not yet confirmed who among the original actors may turn up in the film, although Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson have tweeted enthusiastically about the movie. Bill Murray hasn’t reacted publicly, and Harold Ramis died in 2014.

–SNIP–