millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers 2 - The Sequel

I did not expect that.

The Child’s Play remake trailer got leaked…and it looks really great.
Can’t wait for the HD version to be put up tomorrow night.

Shaft and his ever changing shade of coat.

Oh that looks bad.

In a bad way.

Maybe it’s funnier in a theatre?

OK, no one gets to complain about the John Singleton movie from 2000 anymore.

‘King Of The Jungle’: STX Nears U.S. Deal For Seth Rogen, Michael Keaton-Starrer – EFM

–SNIP–

Based on the Wired magazine article “John McAfee’s Last Stand,” the film will tell the true story of rogue tech magnate McAfee (Keaton), creator of the McAfee Antivirus software, who cashed in his fortune, left civilization, and moved to the jungle in Belize. There, he set-up a Colonel Kurtz-like compound of guns, sex and madness. In the film, Wired investigator Ari Furman (Rogen) accepts what he thinks is a run-of-the-mill assignment to interview McAfee, but once he arrives in Belize, he finds himself pulled into McAfee’s escalating paranoia, unhinged reality, and murder.

–SNIP–

From Wikipedia:

The 2020 presidential campaign of John McAfee, anti-virus software pioneer and cryptocurrency investor, was formally launched on June 3, 2018.

I think the joke with the son is getting extremely old fast…but Roundtree and Jackson are bringing it.

That was exactly my thought. The Roundtree stuff did make me grin.

Some comedies need a big audience to really work. Maybe this is one of those? It was just a bit cringy watching the trailer at home.

I hope not, as it’s a Netflix movie outside the US.

It looks like it could be a lot of fun, that they’re not taking this too seriously and we shouldn’t either. But hearing Curtis Mayfield in theater quality sound system is worth the ticket alone.

Yeah, and I hope the jokey stuff with the son isn’t too overdone.
I expected they would go this route when the official twitter started making jokes about millennials.
As it seems that is the tack they’re going with Shaft the Third there.

Ok, sombody jog my memory… was the last Shaft movie an outright comedy? I remember some humour, because most things like this have some humour, but it was first and foremost a serious crime/action movie plot, as I recall. Am I completely misremembering?

No, you’re right. Christian Bale was the bad guy.

It was more of a crime-action movie.
Bale’s character was this incredibly overblown WASP-y Preppy Bad Guy and it was really silly whenever he was on screen.

But more or less the movie was played straight.

I recently watched the original Shaft. It hold up quite well. I enjoyed it.