millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers 2 - The Sequel

How about them just sitting in a restaurant and talking? Make it a sequel to My Dinner with Andre!

I wish I lived in the alternate timeline where that movie got made.

I’d watch a F&F/Transformers crossover

Rings as Gollum or nothing.

I’d think it’d be more like if Bo & Luke Duke came out with separate movies at the same time.

It’s been eight hours and no-one has made a “Lord of the Ringo” joke yet? Disappointed.

I will now comment on this post without reading any subsequent replies.

Heh, more like Lord of the Ringo, am I right, guys?

That’s a shit joke, Lorcan.

Seriously, that was terrible. Why would you make such a bad pun?

Was that the first time you’d read one of my posts?

… yes?

If someone online doesn’t photoshop all the scaffolding onto Big Ben. I’ll be a bit disappointed.

That’s probably what Brexit looks like in Nigel Farage’s mind.

I’ve heard about that Beatles Lord of the Rings project before; sounds wild and could have been a psychedelic classic. But it was probably never a possibility.

I would love to have seen Tolkien’s reaction to all of the heavy metal music his stories have inspired. :rofl:

Johnny Flynn to play David Bowie in ‘Stardust’ for UK’s Salon Pictures

Beast star Johnny Flynn will play a young Davie Bowie in the upcoming UK feature film Stardust, opposite Jena Malone as Bowie’s wife Angie. Marc Maron, whose credits include Netflix’s GLOW, will play Bowie’s record company publicist.

The Emmy award-winning filmmaker Gabriel Range, whose feature credits include I Am Slave and Death Of A President, is directing from a script written by Christopher Bell. It is being produced by Paul Van Carter and Nick Taussig of London-based Salon Pictures and is set to shoot, mainly in the US, in June.

Film Constellation has boarded world rights and will introduce the film to buyers at the European Film Market in Berlin in February.

Christopher Figg of Piccadilly Pictures is co-financing.

Stardust will chronicle the young David Bowie’s first visit to the US in 1971 – a trip that inspired the invention of his iconic alter ego Ziggy Stardust. It will chart his transformation into one of the most iconic and boundary-pushing superstars in music history.

The project will feature a wide soundtrack including certain Bowie performances. It is being positioned as a “moment in time” feature in the vein of My Week With Marilyn , rather than a biopic of David Bowie.

–SNIP–

That actually looks pretty incredible. The kind of proper insane fun I would expect from the franchise. Maybe the mainline franchise can get back to more car stuff.

I’m hoping that this is building up to someone yelling “Jumanji” in the post-credits scene, revealing that all of these are set within The Rock Cinematic Universe.