millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers 2 - The Sequel

I didn’t love Upgrade, but this is definitely true. The movies are weirdly similar, and it even stars Logan Marshall-Green, aka Not Tom Hardy.

Not in the least.
Upgrade was great, but it’s not in any way a Venom movie.

It’s obviously not an actual Venom film. But I think they both share similar story elements. And even though I though Venom was a surprisingly fun watch. I’d say Upgrade pulled the elements together, in a much more satisfying way.

They share similar story elements, sure.
But none of Upgrades are really that of the archetypical Venom narrative.
Or even the more common themes.
I will say the Venom movie proper was also lacking on this for the most part too.

Anyway, some fun news.

That would be amazing :open_mouth:

It’s Tom Hardly, please… I’m quite proud of my joke… u_u

Also, I’m not a 100% with the Oscar Isaac for Leto Atreides thing… he’s an okay actor, but he definetly doesn’t look very “regal”… I dunno, maybe with a beard and a nice costume he’ll look better. I actually think he’d make an awesome Duncan Idaho though…

He played King John in Robin Hood. Do you remember that?

Who can forget the time period before anyone knew who he was and he became a meme for saying Outlaw long?

Not me!

Not really… that’s how good of an impression he left me when playing a king… I don’t even remember that meme scene… =P

At any rate, I totally fell in love with my own Duncan Idaho idea… I’m afraid I won’t be able to see him as anything else now :smile:

Zack Snyder is making a zombie invasion heist movie for Netflix.
What a world.

That sounds awesome in every way, but I’m trying to wrap my head around the idea that Sucker Punch wasn’t a let completely loose Zack Snyder.

Well, he was held back by the rating.
Did you ever see the director’s cut? It was closer to what he was going for, but I don’t think that his full vision was ever actually filmed.

Also, I am so excited for this. I know I’m not the only one on here who’s been willing a kickass comeback for Zack. Hopefully this will be it.

Ah, I didn’t realize that. I’ve only watched Sucker Punch once, in theaters. I’ve got the Blu-Ray but I’m not sure if it has the director’s cut or not. I remember having a lot of problems with the ending, so I’ve been hesitant to revisit it. I’m about 50/50 on his films, but I’m onboard for this, so far.

They uh, cut out this pretty important scene in the theatrical cut where Baby Doll meets the High Roller (Jon Hamm) and they have this discussion which sets up the ending a little more. Otherwise you only see Jon Hamm as he comes to perform the lobotomy on her in the asylum level and completely miss out on him in the brothel.

I live in the UK and to get a copy with the director’s cut on I had to import a German copy, I think. It’s a more complete version if you can find it though.

Dawn of the Dead is still his best movie.

Written by James Gunn which is probably why.