millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers 2 - The Sequel

I think those films were going to do well whatever was in the trailers.

For myself, surprise is rarely what matters to me.

I don’t go out of my way to read spoilers, and I’ll actively avoid them if they’re the kind of movie that’s built around them. I didn’t want to know who got killed in ‘Infinity War’ or who comes back in ‘Endgame’ for example.

But most films don’t rely on twists or surprises.

Hell, there was a point in the 1990s where trailers were giving away the major plot twists of the movies.

Terminator Genisys does feel like it came from the 90s.

Good job that there are only two Terminator movies.

Yeah, it’s really the setting of a Scottish lighthouse that makes the difference for this one. Certainly looks fun. (And yes, the title sounds like it has been a dozen movies before…)

Does it? I mean, it gives away the concept of what the horror is - and watching that unspoilt would probably be nice, but it’s not really an option for the trailer - but it doesn’t give us a lot about how things go after that. I don’t think I know anything specific now that goes beyond the first half hour of the movie or so.

I thought this was quite amusing.

Movies that tell you what not to do:

Leave No Trace ; Don’t Go ; Don’t Leave Home ; Don’t Talk to Irene ; Don’t Worry, He Won’t Get Far on Foot ; Never Look Away

Movies that were trying to confuse us:

Overboard ; Overlord
Incredibles 2 ; Indivisible ; Insidious: The Last KeyUnsane ; Unbroken: Road to Redemption ; Unfriended: Dark Web
Boy Erased ; Beautiful Boy ; Beautifully Broken
The Wild Boys ; Wildlife ; Wildling

Movies based on true stories that end with photos or film of the real people they’re about:

12 Strong ; Winchester ; The 15:17 to Paris ; 7 Days in Entebbe ; A Stupid and Futile Gesture ; The Polka King ; The Tale ; American Animals ; Padman ; I Can Only Imagine ; Adrift ; Tag ; BlackKklansman ; Papillon ; White Boy Rick (voice only); Boy Erased ; Operation Finale ; Jane and Emma ; Instant Family ; Bohemian Rhapsody ; Green Book ; On the Basis of Sex ; Welcome to Marwen

Christ…I’d rather watch a Suicide Squad/Aquaman double bill.

We had heard for quite some time that test scores for Holmes & Watson were so bad that Sony tried unloading the movie to Netflix, but the streamer wouldn’t buy it.

That’s a new low

I can’t wait!!!

Returning to ‘The Predator’, they were really unsure what to do with that ending;

Head hurts even thinking about this.

Not news, but since I didn’t like the 2014 Godzilla movie at all, I had little interest in the sequel. Nor did I like the anime series that came out on Netflix.

So, only now have I found out Michael Dougherty (Krampus, Trick’r Treat) is directing it, and my interest has gone up 900%.