millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers 2 - The Sequel

That is a good point. Hard to recall that Ethan Hawke, Jude Law and Uma Thurman were A-Listers.

Michael is disappointed about this statement…

Why is the Boogieman so sad?

even-michelle-obama-is-wondering-why-he-is-so-sad

Sorry, Michelle, I can’t think of a single reason why Batman might be sad.

Batman is sad because he was portrayed by Ben Affleck.

:notes: Hello darkness my old friend… :notes:

New Yorgos!

Early 18th century. England is at war with the French. Nevertheless, duck racing and pineapple eating are thriving. A frail Queen Anne (Olivia Colman) occupies the throne and her close friend Lady Sarah (Rachel Weisz) governs the country in her stead while tending to Anne’s ill health and mercurial temper. When a new servant Abigail (Emma Stone) arrives, her charm endears her to Sarah. Sarah takes Abigail under her wing and Abigail sees a chance at a return to her aristocratic roots. As the politics of war become quite time consuming for Sarah, Abigail steps into the breach to fill in as the Queen’s companion. Their burgeoning friendship gives her a chance to fulfill her ambitions and she will not let woman, man, politics or rabbit stand in her way.

I love the cast and the plot synopsis.

I’ll keep a look out for this one.

Yorgos Lanthimos is a director of strange films, but this sounds like a pretty straightforward period drama.

Is this the one with Danny McBride?

I think he’s just writing it but yes.

I bet it won’t be.

Tough one. I like Owen and Seyfried, and I like the concept. And I did like Gattaca, but In Time was so laughably bad it retroactively spoiled my enjoynment of that movie. And something about that ANON trailer makes me think that this one’s another one that shows that Niccol is not actually a good film-maker.

So, yeah. I’ll definitely watch it when it comes to streaming, but this one’s not one I’ll be looking for in the cinemas.

Cool that they actually made a second one. I kind of didn’t expect that, and thought it was a bit of a shame that the first one was an origin movie and kind of stopped when he’d become the Equalizer.

I think they should launch this as a TV show. Denzel’s theoretically too big for that, but these days? Why the hell not?

It’s not really the old show, and not my sort of movie right now, but Denzel always does quality work.

This is my sort of movie right and I’m looking forward to seeing it at the earliest opportunity, probably a film festival;

Hadn’t seen this before. Looks like a combination of The Hulk and Dr Manhattan.

Interesting, but the headline is hype. The guy behind this is an American Gareth Edwards-type; he did the bulk of the work (saving a lot of money on the process) and it looks good, but this isn’t ‘Avengers’, it’s very carefully targeted as a personal story with epic moments. There’s going to be more talking than exploding.

It looks to me like something that’s very much a film to watch at home rather than a cinema and I hope it’s good. In fact I hope it’s great!

Yeah, it kinda reminds me of SKYLINE. Also, a lot of these sorts of movies seem to never really have much of a theatrical run.