millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers 2 - The Sequel

The intonation of the lines is slightly different to the original movie. I guess it’s possible they’re using alternate takes from the original recording, but my impression was that the lines had been newly recorded.

I agree that he sounds much better than in Rogue One, where he seemed to falter occasionally.

Hopefully the king of Zamunda has many more years left in him yet.

I like to think this is what happened to Scar, in an alternate universe;

Honestly, I wonder if the whole movie will be that close to the original. The opening scene is the most likely to be completely recreated along with a few classic shots, but there is a lot they could change between that and the final act.

I imagine it’ll be similar to the other Disney live-action adaptations - similar visuals, character arcs and specific scenes, but with a bit of embellishment around the edges to add a bit of depth here and there. It worked well for Beauty and the Beast and Jungle Book so I doubt they’ll change the formula too much.

As with Aladdin, I guess this initial trailer is to get people’s attention and emphasise the link to the original (this will be the first time that a lot of people are even hearing about the movie existing), so it makes sense that they’d focus on elements that are near-identical to the animated film.

Wait, who has Howard Mackie been playing this whole time?

Which Pixar movie do you think that they would remake first? Up? Surely not Toy Story.

If they did, I want the original cast in the costumes.

I love the idea that Anthony Mackie is just the stage name of a heavily-disguised Howard Mackie.

Actor X.

It would be CG, like these films, but it would photoreal CG!

I loved that movie as a kid.

Same, which is why I’m not going to try and watch it as an adult.

They should just film it in crap homemade costumes and then claim back the budget for the extremely ‘photoreal CGI’.

Don’t go back it’s not worth it. I watched it again as an adult and regret it!

I, for one, am looking forward to Deadpool becoming the first male Disney Princess.

As for The Lion King, it looks like a nice 25 year anniversary celebration piece. It’ll be interesting to see if the new voice actors bring something different to the roles or not. I’m also curious if James Earl Jones had to rerecord all the same dialog or if they just used his work from before. :joy:

Do you remember it getting re-released in the cinema around 86? I watched it on TV then went to Belfast to see a special showing when I was 6 or 7 with my cousins.

I may try to find it for my son. I can appreciate it for what it is if he likes it.

image https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7a/Condormanposter.jpg/220px-Condormanposter.jpg

Ah, Condorman… that’s a movie I don’t think I’ve thought about in decades.

I wanted to see it when I was nine years old, never did, and eventually forgot about it.

It’s one of those lost movies of the 80s I remember seeing advertised when I was a kid, but they came, went, never became cult classics, and were promptly forgotten in the years before VHS and movie rentals became ubiquitous a few years later.

Just the other day I was browsing old issues of Starlog on archive.org, and came across a cover story for Heartbeeps, another one of those forgotten early 80s movies.

image http://boutique.cinema-passion.com/4218-large_default/starlog-magazine-n53-december-1981-with-heartbeeps.jpg

I remember that movie being advertised on tv and sort of wanting to see it when I was a kid, but I completely forgot about it until I saw it In Starlog.

A blind item was revealed today. It will be interesting to see if it’s true and the movie really happens.