millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers 2 - The Sequel

I’ll watch Alita, but man…nothing about it seems like it’ll appeal to mass audiences.
This was a bad gamble.

i loved this movie when it came out. i look forward to Corto Maltese when it comes out.

Why does this movie keep announcing all these casting decisions for attractive people when the main stars are supposed to be monsters? Are they already so worried about the success that they are saying “look at all these gorgeous people” Come for the monsters, Stay for the eye candy???

p.s. in casting announcements, neither Jessica Henwick nor Alice Eve are credited for the recent roles in Iron Fist 2 and it is irritating to me. I thought they both did very well in those roles.

I wouldn’t think a Pokemon movie would be interesting as the initial craze missed me but I liked the trailer.

To be honest it’s Ryan Reynolds (who I find to be deeply unfunny) as much as Pokemon.

Ah, I like Reynolds. This feels very much like his Deadpool which may wear on me through an entire film but is pretty fun in the trailer. I also really like Justice Smith and Ken Watanabe.

Well, the two monsters we already known, and anything else falls under spoilers for King of the Monsters…

i do too, but… PIKA PIKA contains 100 times the charm Reynolds could ever achieve :sunglasses:

That’s a cool idea. Sort of reminds me of this week’s Last Week Tonight, where John Oliver revealed that he has been planting references to the Church of Scientology throughout his show all season, sort of like product placement, and last night he demanded that the CoS pay up.

The eyes are still weird.

They are, they’re better, but they’re still weird.

Apart from that it’s my kind of film… apart from that… :pleading_face:

I agree, and I’m actually quite keen to see it. But the trailers aren’t long enough to get over the distraction of those eyes.

Presumably when you watch the movie you’ll get over it after a few minutes of exposure.

I think my problem is that I’m a fan of the manga, and I’m trying to figure out how the hell they’re going to fit Alita as a Bounty Hunter, her relationship with Yugo and her time on the Motorball circuit into one movie

I had a problem with how ‘Dredd’ was going to fit all the cool stuff about Mega City One into it’s running time?

My guess is that the answer to that questions will be the same for your concerns.

That actually looks pretty good. She’s still a bit uncanny valley but I think I could get used to it. Of course, it could just get more annoying through an entire film.

Dredd at least was an original story, but Alita is clearly grabbing plot elements from the first 4 volumes, while also adding their own original elements.

The anime was a decent, if brusque adaptation of the first two and a half books, and ran an hour between the two episodes. But it left a lot out. I’d have thought a movie that covers the same story beats but adds some more detail back in would work better.

I don’t want to give too much away, but you could probably do a decent trilogy of movies by doing book 1, 2 and the first half of 3 as one movie, then the rest of 3, 4 and 5 as the second, and 6-9 as the third. The Motorball scenes - the cyborg combat race in the trailer are from the back half of 3 and 4

I’m not very familiar with Alita, but from what you say it sounds like the movie will be a bit of a hodgepodge of stuff from the books, a bit like Ghost In The Shell.

That worked ok in the sense of pulling in some iconic moments, while creating its own new story out of the various pieces.