millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers 2 - The Sequel

Yeah, I do wonder how much of the reasoning behind the refusal to acknowledge that Cumberbatch was playing Khan was to prevent the accusations of whitewashing before the movie came out.

I wonder if they thought that much about it?

They clearly wanted someone with a buzz, who would create more media attention for the film, and he was on the rise at the time (he’s still doing fine of course) but if you were going to make a list of actors for the role now I don’t think he’d be on it.

Because while there was some criticism at the time, there’d be a lot more now.

I remember there was a junket video interview thing at the time where some the cast are asked who their favourite Trek villain is, and a bunch of them do the obvious “Cumberbatch is going to be great!,” while John Cho’s answer was “Ricardo Montalbán as Khan. He was badass. And a man of color, I might add.”

I’m not sure if he’s talked about it since.

Paddington 3 In The Works

The lack of King as director is a shame, if not unexpected.

That is a shame.
That said, I hope there’s more Mustachioed, Long-Haired, Mr. Brown. He’s always been my favorite bits of these movies.

As far as Cumberbatch goes, folks…Shall we begin? The dude will never sound as cool as that again. And Khan never sounded that cool before.

Lies.

Lies about lies.

Arthurian movies are obviously overdone, but I’m definitely onboard for this one:

After teaming on the 2017 drama A Ghost Story , which starred Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara, director David Lowery and A24 are back in business with Green Knight , a fantasy epic retelling of the medieval tale of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.

Sir Gawain and the Green Knight is one of the most famous tales in early English literature. As the story goes, chivalrous and loyal Sir Gawain, a knight of King Arthur’s Round Table, accepts the challenge of beheading the Green Knight and must wait a year and a day to receive a blow in return. In the end it was a test of his loyalty to the king.

Seriously but The Kid Who Would Be King looks fantastic too.

Just do a Crossover with Johnny English.

Austin Powers/Johnny English: 4

Hmm, this definitely doesn’t seem like it was the initial plan. Vaughn previously said the third movie would be “the conclusion of the Harry Hart-Eggsy relationship.” https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/kick-ass-reboot-kingsman-universe-coming-matthew-vaughn-new-studio-exclusive/

Well… I admire Vaughn as a creative talent and a very effective and successful producer, but I didn’t think much of ‘Kingsman 2’ so I’m concerned about any plans he has for a third one.

Dropping Eggsy doesn’t sound like a great start, but we’ll see how things develop?

Is Vaughn smoking crack? Dropping Eggsy (and Egerton) sounds like a horrible idea. They really should have let Harry stay dead after the first one and went with Statesman idea a bit more.

I wonder if there is a Netflix Millarworld property he could slot into.