millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers 2 - The Sequel

Incisors are front teeth.

Kenneth Branagh has made a Shakespeare movie, with a script by Ben Elton:

Sony Pictures Classics has acquired worldwide rights to Kenneth Branagh’s All Is True , a drama about a little-known period in the final years of William Shakespeare. Branagh directs and stars as the playwright in the pic, which co-stars Judi Dench and Ian McKellan. The film will get a one-week awards-qualifying theatrical run in New York and Los Angeles on December 21, followed by a larger release in 2019.

Penned by Ben Elton in his first original drama, All Is True is set in 1613 when Shakespeare is acknowledged as the greatest writer of the age. But disaster strikes when his renowned Globe Theatre burns to the ground. Devastated, Shakespeare returns to Stratford, where he must face a troubled past and a neglected family. Haunted by the death of his only son Hamnet, he struggles to mend the broken relationships with his wife (Dench) and daughters. In so doing, he is forced to examine his own failings as husband and father. McKellen plays the Earl of Southampton.

Apparently opens in less than two months, and doesn’t have an IMDb page yet? Unless they got the release year wrong?

I guess Elton has put all that Upstart Crow research to good use.

Playing the Mothra twins, I hope.

It couldn’t be worse than THE TERROR adaptation which started well and then just fell to pieces in all the wrong ways.

I think Del Toro could make a great Netflix series out of it if the production costs weren’t too prohibitive.

The book pretty much falls apart at the end too. I haven’t seen the show so I’m not sure how exact it follows the book though.

To be fair, I wouldn’t interrupt anything that’s directed by Park Chan-wook either.

Yes it could.

Money isn’t the real issue for Netflix right now, but they need to believe it’ll drive/keep subscriptions.

Lovecraft is still just outside the mainstream, so (my guess) is they’d want star casting. Cruise (if he’d be interested) or someone else, making the jump to streaming.

Looks like we’ve found our Ghidorah!

If the entire list isn’t just Jason Goes To Hell I call bullshit.

I felt the same way about the book. Started strong and ended with me thinking I’d wasted my time.

Especially when it was so massively long. If it had been shorter I might have been more forgiving.

For some reason I started that News headline convinced that Mecha-Godzilla had been cast!