millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers 2 - The Sequel

Jow South was in Kula Shaker?

I’m not sure about Jow South but it’s possible Joe South was.

However the story might shake out - this looks adorable.

I hope it is decent, there are a couple of things that called my attention, like It is the directorial debut of the Lino DiSalvo, which previously was head of animation for Frozen.

And it seems they are really going for the Disney type of animated blockbuster:

The well-seasoned animation producer also revealed that “Playmobil” will boast, under Di Salvo’s impulse, a strong musical component and several original songs as did “Frozen” which scored more than $1.2 billion around the world.

During the presentation, Soumache also addressed the positioning of “Playmobil” compared with “Lego: The Movie.” “The movie ‘Lego’ relied a lot on comedy and wasn’t so much driven by characters, while our film will follow more the Disney tradition of storytelling and is meant to appeal to girls as much as boys,” explained Soumache, who quipped “‘Lego’ grossed almost $500 million worldwide, if we make half of that will be very happy!”

There is so much wrong in that…but it’s also I guess kinda neat?
Clearly won’t be a big budget thing, so their eyes are set low.

On Saturday commentators on the boxing here in the UK were discussing a boxer who came into the ring dressed as Mike Myers and was confused saying, “That’s what’s written down here but it doesn’t look like the actor at all, does it?”

I laughed heartily.

If the main villain of the new Halloween film is Austin Powers then I might actually go and see it.

Or you could just watch The Autopsy of Jane Doe. Which is a surprisingly good little horror film.

Yeah I really liked Jane Doe, though the ending didn’t work at all.

The year Scream came out, Mike Myers hosted the MTV Movie awards, and they did a sketch where he dubbed over the phone call at the start of the film.

This was the most interesting part for me:

Surely it would be preferable for a producer to send her a script for a brilliant new horror film, rather than trying to get her to revisit her previous successes.

“Yeah, but they’re not going to, I’m 60 years old,” she says. "They’re not going to come to me with a new idea for something at 60.

"It’s not impossible, it’s unlikely. You know what? I’ve been an unemployed actor for the great part of my career.

"Honestly, if you boiled down how many days I have been employed as an actor, compared to how many days I’ve been unemployed as an actor, it would shock you. It would turn your hair grey. Because I’m a freelance up-for-grabs unemployed actor, today.

“Nobody’s paying me. I’m not being paid to be here [doing interviews]. I have bills to pay at home. It’s just what happens. I was perfectly happy not doing whatever I was not doing when the phone rang and David Gordon Green called me.”

Rare to hear an actor being that honest, I think.

Looks like a pretty neat kid’s movie. I may go watch it with Juli.

It’s not aimed at us but that’s a really good trailer and I can see my two begging to go and see it.

That actually looks like a lot of fun.