millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers 2 - The Sequel

I am really looking forward to seeing this.

Well that certainly is a drawing.

I’m surprised to see that it seems to be very faithful to the original cartoon.

After the success of Beauty And The Beast I assumed they’d continue to stick close to the originals. The likes of Jungle Book and Cinderella made slightly more departures, but still stuck pretty close.

Spspspspooooooilers!!!

To be fair, nearly every review of the film that I’ve read has spoiled it too, but if anyone is trying to go in blind…

It would probably be obvious from the first scene unless you have no familiarity with the actress.

Hey @davidm, are you going to watch Bad Times at the El Royale?

I read that they use a song by Deep Purple in there somewhere. Though it’s not on the official soundtrack so maybe it’s not a very important one. :man_shrugging:

Sorry - from the article I thought this was something that wasn’t revealed in the film but was a behind-the-scenes thing that they’d gone public with ahead of release to promote the movie.

Apologies if it was a spoiler for something that’s revealed in the movie.

No, you are right there. It’s not a reveal in the film itself, as far as I can tell.

Oh, OK. Sorry if I spoiled it either way!

It’s okay as far as I’m concerned. I just think that some would consider a spoiler.

The director has said that by having Swinton play three roles in this movie, she’s able to embody the id, ego and superego all at the same time. Which is an interesting idea, and I’m all for giving an actor of her calibre more material. It seems more meta-textual than anything that will come up in the plot.

It’s fairly obvious from the trailers and images of the character. I’m more surprised to see that some people hadn’t figured it out.

Yeah it was a fairly open secret. The only ones being coy about it was the filmmakers. Everyone writing about the film said it was obviously Swinton.

The makers of ‘Suspiria’ tried to make it a secret but people like solving mysteries, even when they’re not really mysteries.

It’s an awesome cast, though nothing in the trailer suggests it’s a film I’ll go out of my way to watch.

The very first sound you hear in the trailer is quite obviously the opening chord of Hush.

What, the Kula Shaker song?

Technically the Joe South song.