Comics Creators

Movie News and Trailers 2 - The Sequel

This is the thread where you bring all of the news and shiny trailers for the films of 2018 and beyond.

Movie News and Trailers - Hollywood Hype
Movie News and Trailers - Hollywood Hype

The show must go on!

The Fantastic Beasts movie looks fantastic. These are going to be the true cinematic legacy of Harry Potter.

Vigilante movie starring a Charles Bronson lookalike;

Not my thing, but should find a home viewing and late night audience.

Holy shit does he look like Charles Bronson. I couldn’t figure out what film you were referring to at first because I thought the embedded trailer was a Charles Bronson movie you were including as reference.

Tomb Raider doesn’t sound great.

It may be bad (the second one with Angelina Jolie was dull, the first I quite liked), but I’m not sure it was ever going to be something for ‘The Guardian’?

That was just an example - I didn’t want to spam the thread. The reviews are very lukewarm in general.

Fresh off winning the Best Original Screenplay Oscar for his directorial debut Get Out, Jordan Peele is at the center of a most intriguing feature re-team with Keegan-Michael Key, his longtime partner on the Emmy-winning Comedy Central series Key and Peele. Netflix has committed to finance and distribute Wendell And Wild, a stop motion animated feature to be directed by James and the Giant Peach helmer Henry Selick. Key and Peele will supply the voices for two scheming demon brothers.

Selick is writing the script with Peele and Clay McLeod Chapman. While the movie moves forward, a deal has been made with Simon & Schuster for a book to be written by Chapman and Selick to be published around the film’s release.

I’m still hopeful that it’s good. I’m seeing it in a couple of hours so there’s no point in me reading the reviews now.

Aside from the surfing a good mate of mine did all the stunt doubling for Woodley on Adrift.
It’s going to be fun paying no attention to the story and going “Oh my god look at the cool stuff Jackies doing!”

Another UK release like DEATH OF STALIN that I’m looking forward to but seems like it might be a few months before it reaches the US.

Possibly a Halloween release over here, I’d guess.

I’ll believe it when it’s in theaters. :smile:

But that would be awesome.

It’s playing here in New York tomorrow as part of What The Fest. I’m thinking about going to see it. The people I know who have been it have loved it.