millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Millarworld Launches International Cosplay Contest!

Calling all cosplayers! Millarworld is on the lookout for the world’s most convincing Chrononauts, handsome Hucks and kick-ass Kick Ass costumes.

With a $500 prize and a full-page photo in upcoming sci-fi spectacular Jupiter’s Legacy 2, the stakes are high for talented cosplayers who mimic their favourite Millarworld characters. If you already own Hit Girl nunchucks or a homemade lycra time-travelling suit (who doesn’t?) it’s time to dust them off and get applying.

Entering is simple. Create the costume, strike a pose and take a photo.

Entrants can submit their photos via the right here on the Millarworld forum.

The contest will run from February until May and the winner, along with 24 runners up, will have their photos published in the back of much-anticipated comic Jupiter’s Legacy 2.

Mark Millar said: “I love cosplay. Number one, it’s fun, which should be the fundamental thing the business is about. Number two, I love the fact it’s brought so many people into comics who would otherwise not have been into the convention scene in particular. I know people have cosplayed for two years before they picked up their first book and now they’re hooked. That can only be a good thing. But I also love the craft of it, the effort cosplayers go to and how these pictures have become an art-form in themselves.

"There’s something just really exciting about being in print and Frank Quitely and I are opening up the back pages to the Jupiter’s Legacy sequel this June for a special, extended edition where the best 25 cosplay pictures posted in the Millarworld thread get published in the book and the very best, the one that just blows us away, gets $500. This is something I’d love to do every Spring, much like our Millarworld New Talent competition every September.”

POST YOUR ENTRIES NOW!

Can’t wait to see them!

Which thread for cosplay contest?
Cosplay Thread

That’s my Hit-Girl cosplay :smiley:

Hi Rachael, is there an age restriction on the contest? I have a 13 year old Hit-Girl that is VERY excited about this. :slight_smile:

So I guess I can’t submit my Dr Manhattan pics?

Surely, Mark can sneak an equivalent ripped, naked, blue character somewhere in Jupiter’s Legacy. :wink:

That’s my Kick-Ass cosplay.

It’s brilliant! Enter with a different photo/costume? You’re very talented!

It’s amazing. You should enter!

Let me check for you Big Daddy!

Really? How do I do that?

:arrow_down:

Ok than and where is this forum?

Right here.

Ok than, Anything I should know about like rules or something like that?

Millarworld properties only.

Of course, ok thanks.

I like to submit this photo for the contest.

Movie Red Mist. 100% from scratch by me! :smiley:

@Quick-Kick @ImYourDensity Great work, both look awesome! :sunglasses: :thumbsup: