millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Millarworld book club: Watchmen - issue #12

Spinning out of the DC Comics discussion thread, I’m floating the idea of a bookclub-type thread where we all read along with a classic comic issue -by-issue and discuss each chapter as it comes - starting with Watchmen, as @RonnieM mentioned he was thinking about rereading it.

Anyone up for it, feel free to chip in whenever. I thought I could maybe post the title of each issue at the start of each week to give us a decent period for discussion. Sound good? Is one issue a week too slow, or about right?

9 Likes

I’m in. I’d like to reread it as well. Great idea!

3 Likes

im in

2 Likes

For a title as dense as Watchmen I think an issue a week is fine.

5 Likes

One issue a week is great. I always wanted to try to experience it as single issues anyway. I think it might come off better that way especially with the extra material at the end of each issue.

4 Likes

I’m in. I may not always be able to contribute posts to the thread, depending on time, but it’s a really fun idea and it’s been a few years now since I last read watchmen.

An issue a week is perfect.

2 Likes

I think we should read it in “real time” – as frequently as the isses origianlly came out. Including shipping delays!

But yes, I’d like to give this a go, assuming I find time. I wanted to do the Star Trek re-watch too, but honestly could never find an out to sit down and watch the episode :frowning:

4 Likes

So are we targeting an end-date of mid-2018? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah I’m up for that. I loved the movie, so I’ll give the adaption a read. I’ll be interested go see how the numerous slow motion shots transfer to the page.

3 Likes

I’m in. Though rather than reading the book couldn’t we just watch the motion comic instead?

On second thoughts I’ll stick with the book, if only to avoid the butch sounding Miss Jupiter!

4 Likes

I’m up for this, if I can remember where my copy of Watchmen is.

3 Likes

I’m up for this.

2 Likes

Sure.

2 Likes

Count me in. I’ve been meaning to read it again, so this gives me a good opportunity to do just that.

You still have time to do that. There’s no rush.

2 Likes

I’m in, sounds fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also we should do Young Liars next.
I’ve always wanted to crack that nut.

Same.

In!

1 Like

I’ll do it. I really need to get my money’s worth out of the Absolute Watchmen edition I bought. The thing is so damn big I think I’ve only read it once.

But I’ve read it so many times I wore out the two paperback editions I had before that.

1 Like

Yeah, okay, neat idea. I’ll at least see how long I can keep up with this :slight_smile:

1 Like