The interest in the annual so far has been beyond our expectations and we want to make sure we provide the best opportunity for all those interested in working on Mark's characters. Below we have specific rules all entrants must follow if they want to be put into consideration for being selected. The biggest element will be the SUBMISSION AGREEMENT DOCUMENT which all entrants must complete and submit. Unfortunately we live in a lawyer filled world and only one guy could mess something like this up for everyone. So if you don't sign and submit this agreement your entry won't even be looked at. Take the time to read things carefully below.
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS FOR ARTISTS
1. Post three pages of sequential artwork in this thread: http://forums.millarworld.tv/t/millarworld-annual-artist-submission-guidelines/1484
2. This is the method for both interior artists and cover artists. We want to get an idea of your style. If you don't post 3 pages of sequential art we can't consider your entry.
3. Download and fill in the Submission Agreement Document. Here's the link. In the section where it refers to 'The Material' please state 'three pages of sequential art'.
4. Once you've filled in the agreement and scanned it please email the document to firstname.lastname@example.org. We have to have a scanned copy of this agreement with your details. I know it's inconvenient, but that's the law for you. Note you have to initial every page.
5. When you email your agreement please include the following in your email: Your name, your Millarworld board name, address & contact phone number. All your information will be kept confidential and won't be shared with anyone.
6. You have to be over 18 years old (as of the date you email the agreement) in order to enter. You can be based anywhere in the world.
7. Entries have to be in by November 30th 2015.
8. Winners will be announced just before Christmas on this forum.
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS FOR WRITERS
1. Download and fill in the Submission Agreement Document. Here's the link. We have to have a scanned completed copy of this agreement with your submission. I know it's inconvenient, but that's the law for you. Please note you have to initial every page. In the section where it refers to 'The Material' please state script for the title you're pitching for.
2. Your script must match the number of pages set for each title and you must submit your script in pdf or Microsoft Word format only.
3. Submit the scanned & signed submission agreement document along with your script to email@example.com.
4. When you create your submission email please state the title you're pitching for in the subject line of the email. This will make it easier to organize submissions. The titles are Kick Ass, Hit Girl, Starlight, Kingsman, Chrononauts and American Jesus.
5. In the body of your email please include a quick synopsis of your story - one or two sentences only.
6. When you email please include the following: Your name, your Millarworld board name, address & contact phone number. All your information will be kept confidential and won't be shared with anyone. Note that you have to become a forum member to enter - this will be how we'll be communicating with the selected winners.
7. If your submission doesn't follow these rules (format of the script file, signed and scanned agreement document, title in the subject line, summary of the story in the email body) your entry will be automatically deleted. Depending on response rates we probably won't be able to respond back to every entrant, so please take the time to make sure you're submitting correctly. We need to get everything in just one email please. One entry per person please.
8. You have to be over 18 years old (as of your submission date) in order to enter. Anyone in the world can enter.
9. Entries have to be in by November 30th 2015.
10. Winners will be announced just before Christmas on this forum.
As a reminder, here's the stories we're looking for. The number of pages refers to the number of comic pages you have to tell your short story.
KICK-ASS story set between Trades 1-3 (5 pages)
KINGSMAN story starring Eggsy/Gary (5 pages)
HIT-GIRL solo adventure set during the Kick Ass trades (4 pages)
STARLIGHT starring Young Duke McQueen on Tantalus (5 pages)
AMERICAN JESUS set during first trade (5 pages)
CHRONONAUTS set in the past, during first trade (4 pages)
Good luck everyone!!
Apple Mac users, please read through the thread for solutions if you are having problems downloading the submission form.