millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Millarworld Annual SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

Hi Folks,

The interest in the annual so far has been beyond our expectations and we want to make sure we provide the best opportunity for all those interested in working on Mark’s characters. Below we have specific rules all entrants must follow if they want to be put into consideration for being selected. The biggest element will be the SUBMISSION AGREEMENT DOCUMENT which all entrants must complete and submit. Unfortunately we live in a lawyer filled world and only one guy could mess something like this up for everyone. So if you don’t sign and submit this agreement your entry won’t even be looked at. Take the time to read things carefully below.

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS FOR ARTISTS

1. Post three pages of sequential artwork in this thread: Millarworld Annual - Artist Submission Guidelines!!
  2. This is the method for both interior artists and cover artists. We want to get an idea of your style. If you don’t post 3 pages of sequential art we can’t consider your entry.
  3. Download and fill in the Submission Agreement Document. Here’s the link. In the section where it refers to ‘The Material’ please state ‘three pages of sequential art’.
  4. Once you’ve filled in the agreement and scanned it please email the document to millarworldannual@gmail.com. We have to have a scanned copy of this agreement with your details. I know it’s inconvenient, but that’s the law for you. Note you have to initial every page.
  5. When you email your agreement please include the following in your email: Your name, your Millarworld board name, address & contact phone number. All your information will be kept confidential and won’t be shared with anyone.
  6. You have to be over 18 years old (as of the date you email the agreement) in order to enter. You can be based anywhere in the world.
  7. Entries have to be in by November 30th 2015.
  8. Winners will be announced just before Christmas on this forum.

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS FOR WRITERS

1. Download and fill in the Submission Agreement Document. Here’s the link. We have to have a scanned completed copy of this agreement with your submission. I know it’s inconvenient, but that’s the law for you. Please note you have to initial every page. In the section where it refers to ‘The Material’ please state script for the title you’re pitching for.
  2. Your script must match the number of pages set for each title and you must submit your script in pdf or Microsoft Word format only.
  3. Submit the scanned & signed submission agreement document along with your script to millarworldannual@gmail.com.
  4. When you create your submission email please state the title you’re pitching for in the subject line of the email. This will make it easier to organize submissions. The titles are Kick Ass, Hit Girl, Starlight, Kingsman, Chrononauts and American Jesus.
  5. In the body of your email please include a quick synopsis of your story - one or two sentences only.
  6. When you email please include the following: Your name, your Millarworld board name, address & contact phone number. All your information will be kept confidential and won’t be shared with anyone. Note that you have to become a forum member to enter - this will be how we’ll be communicating with the selected winners.
  7. If your submission doesn’t follow these rules (format of the script file, signed and scanned agreement document, title in the subject line, summary of the story in the email body) your entry will be automatically deleted. Depending on response rates we probably won’t be able to respond back to every entrant, so please take the time to make sure you’re submitting correctly. We need to get everything in just one email please. One entry per person please.
  8. You have to be over 18 years old (as of your submission date) in order to enter. Anyone in the world can enter.
  9. Entries have to be in by November 30th 2015.
  10. Winners will be announced just before Christmas on this forum.

As a reminder, here’s the stories we’re looking for. The number of pages refers to the number of comic pages you have to tell your short story.
KICK-ASS story set between Trades 1-3 (5 pages)
KINGSMAN story starring Eggsy/Gary (5 pages)
HIT-GIRL solo adventure set during the Kick Ass trades (4 pages)
STARLIGHT starring Young Duke McQueen on Tantalus (5 pages)
AMERICAN JESUS set during first trade (5 pages)
CHRONONAUTS set in the past, during first trade (4 pages)

Good luck everyone!!

Apple Mac users, please read through the thread for solutions if you are having problems downloading the submission form.

Millarworld Annual - Writer Submission Guidelines!
Millarworld Annual - Artist Submission Guidelines!!
About the Creative Central category
Millarworld Annual - Artist Submission Guidelines!!

Trying to find the right adjective to describe this but just going old school…awesome.

Really awesome initiative, looking forward to show you my work, 2 questions:

Pages can be drawn from any script at all, even a self created one?

Can i post samples of pages and cover art in order to apply to both categories??

Thank you so much for this!!!

Yes. You can find a professional script online, collaborate with someone or make it up yourself. These are portfolio pages to get an idea of your style. It is usually a good idea to use characters people are familiar with. You will not receive the actual script you will draw unless you are selected as the scripts have yet to be selected. You only need to post 3 sequential art pages to enter the pages and cover art category.

Thank you so much for this opportunity Mark Miller; my name is Marc Quintana. I don’t have a laptop or computer, but what I do have is a vision to make something brand new to the comic world. I’m not a full love comic reader I’d admit that I prefer the older comics that was pass down to me. But it inspired me to write something new something that people can relate to within our generation. If it’s possible to contact you with my ideas I’ll great appreciate it; Thank you again for accepting me to this legendary group as well this put my hopes to the sky. I hope to hear from you soon

The PDF for the writer’s guidelines isn’t showing up on my computer. Is anyone else having this problem?

It’s working for me, you may want to check your PDF reader.

Cool, thanks!!!
Just for the sake of it, would it help to include some cover art???

The submission specifically asks for 3 pages of sequential art only. So I would stick with that.

How do I do that then? I have Windows 10.

Enough said, thnx!!!

What’s the password for the Submission Agreement Document?

I can offer some suggestions but I’m afraid we’re not a technical support team. The link is sound as I can open it and I’m also on Windows 10, you may want to check some other sites to see if you can open PDF files okay. You can go to Adobe and check you have the latest reader software installed.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hello Mr. Miller.
I just have a question.
Can I only submit the cover page art work for the competition or do I have to submit the sequential pages first in order to submit cover art?

thanks

Lenn

For anyone that can’t open the Submission Agreement PDF, use the latest version of Adobe Reader. I first tried using Foxit Reader but, for whatever reason, it won’t open and gives you an error message. But Adobe Reader worked. Also, AR states that you can electronically fill out the form and save it but, if you try this, it doesn’t actually work. So, the only option is to print out the doc, fill it out by hand then scan it.

The form can be filled in electronically, we’ve received electronic completed forms already. But if you’re struggling a print, fill in, then scan will work just as well.

Lenn your question is answered in the submission thread.

Ok. Sorry for giving out erroneous information. It’s just that I had tried to save the file several different ways but nothing worked. I guess somethings up with my computer or my settings.

Yeah it’s still asking for a password, I’m on a mac

You seem to need a password just to download the Submission Agreement Document. Could I please get assistance? Thanks!