millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Millarworld Annual - Artist Submission Guidelines!!

Hopefully we get to work together! :wink::pray:

Hi! My name is Dike Ruan, I’m from Italy and here is my pages, made for GEE Comics.
If you want see more: http://dikeruan.deviantart.com/
My contact: dikeruan92@gmail.com

Carlos Thomaz da Rosa Silva "Carlitos Astrada"
These pages are from a work not published done by me, the artist, and Paulo Ludwig the writer (who also submited work as writer).
I’ll post my portfolio and facebook page as well.

Portfolio:

Facebook:

Hope you like it!

My Name is Auracebio Pereira. I’m from Porto Alegre, Brazil.

[quote=“Mark_Millar, post:1, topic:1484, full:true”]
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/09/27/mark-millar-is-seeking-new-comics-talent-and-offering-his-characters/?_r=0

CLICK HERE FOR SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

Okay, you’ve heard the exciting news. Anyone who’s ever fancied a bash at writing or drawing comics is in luck because I want to lend you a hand. Going forward, I want to do a once-a-year event where prospective writers and artists get a chance to write or draw our Millarworld characters and get paid for the sheer joy of it.

I’ve always been very precious about letting other people do my creations so this is quite unusual, but I really do believe that the only way we can thrive as an industry is if new talent gets a chance. Comics has been really good to me and I want to do what I can with my limited time to give budding creators a wee chance too if they’re maybe unsure where to start. So the idea is submit NO MORE THAN 3 PAGES of sequential art to show us what you can do and if we like what we see here we’ll commission you to draw a strip in the Millarworld 2016 annual we’re releasing next summer, all paid at Marvel and DC starter rates. This is $200 a page for an artist ($120 for a penciler and $80 for an inker) and we’ll make sure quality colours and letters make your work look as good as possible. Starting next year I’d like to help find new colour and lettering talent too, but right now this is all we have time for this year as we’re a relatively small operation.

I’m going to pay these rates out of my own pocket for the annual and I reckon we’ll make our money back. Any profits I want to donate entirely to the Hero Initiative charity as there’s something quite nice about new creators directly helping the men and women who’s work possibly inspired them in the first place. As far as the art goes, this couldn’t be simpler. If your work looks good enough to be one of the six new artists being hired for this first annual we’ll be in touch on December 23rd and send you a script by a newbie writer. If you meet the deadline we give (which will be a nice, easy one) you’ll receive your payment one week later and be showcased in the first of these Summer annuals. The stories will all be four or five pages long, much like the short stories comic-creators traditionally started out on, and the characters being used are as follows.

KICK-ASS (5 pages)
KINGSMAN (5 pages)
HIT-GIRL (4 pages)
STARLIGHT (5 pages)
AMERICAN JESUS (5 pages)
CHRONONAUTS (4 pages)

We will also be looking for a cover artist, paid at a rate of $450 for black and white, $600 for colour.

IN SUMMARY:

1/ One entry per person
2/ Please include contact details with your submission
3/ This search is for new, undiscovered talent
4/ All entrants must be over 18.
5/ Deadline for entries is November 30th
6/ The selected six artists and six writers for the 2016 annual will be contacted by 23rd December 2015

BEST OF LUCK!

MM

[/quote]

Submiting my artwork named BACHOOS and spinof cover art of STARLIGHT. My name is Denis Fabijanic-FAB, my e-mail:fabijanicdenis@yahoo.com

## * strong text

Awesome work, Dike. I really can’t say it enough. It’s been a pleasure working with you. You definitely have what it takes to be in the top six.

Here is my sequential art submission for the contest
I am submitting as a penciller
I’m JP de la Rama and my email is jpdelarama@gmail.com

Hi,

My name is Tanmoy Das. I am from India. Here are my 3 pages of sequential art for the contest.

My email id is tanmoyenjoy@gmail.com

Thanks a lot for the opportunity :slight_smile:

Thank you so musch!

Hi,

my name is Seb Camagajevac, I’m an illustrator and comic artist from Croatia.

Here are my 3 pages of sequential artwork.

Thanks for opportunity

Portfolio: https://www.behance.net/SebCam

Hi I’m Chris Connelly a Glasgow based artist. I work mainly from Hope St. Some amazing art here. Hope you like this.

Here is a link to my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CctArtConnelly.
My e-mail is chris@cct-art.co.uk.

Best Chris

Greetings all!

My name is Thomas Tuke. I’m a UK cartoonist based in London. It’s been a pleasure to give this a go.

Disclosed are samples of my comic work that include inks used with paints. They are based from my upcoming graphic novel “Progeny of Shemsu-Hor”. My experimental style can be described as a mixture of OldSchool \ HongKong Manga, Animation, European Comics and Traditional Fantasy Painting. Normally I do Horror comics, but i can flex my style for other genres as need be.

I’d just like to say many thanks for this opportunity to contribute. There’s some really beautiful artwork from fellow contributors. I wish you all the best for your endeavours in 2016. :slight_smile:

Kind regards - TomT
Email: tstuke@hotmail.com
Homepage: http://www.genmavisage.com
Artpage including Digital Art and Fully painted works: http://mrtuke.deviantart.com

Hello!

Here are my 3 samples for the Millarworld Annual Talent Contest. I’ve included:

1 Page of JUDGE DREDD sequentials
2 Pages of STARLIGHT sequentials from “Duke McQueen and the Ice-Apes of Tantalus” written by STEVE EKSTROM (His submission to your contest.)

If you’re interested in checking out more of my work, feel free to check out my Deviant Art page. Also, if you’d like to see inked, colored samples–contact Steve Ekstrom for finished samples of one of our collaborative projects.

My contact address is: brandao42@gmail.com

Enjoy!

My name is Dan Buksa and this is my three submission pieces
my email is dannybuksa@gmail.com

James Whynot
Illustrator from South Florida.
The three pages of my entry are from a book that I wrote and illustrated.

email- jameswhynotart@gmail.com

You can see more of my work here.

My Name is Craig Tucker

My email is cmtuckerart@gmail.com

My name is Brett Hobson, thanks for the opportunity to submit work!

artofhobson@gmail.com