millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Millar's fresh Oscar thread!

We have to admit that Warren Beatty mix up was the first time the Oscars has actually been interesting since 1974…

3 Likes

How is it being reported a Warren Beatty mix-up? He saw the card was wrong, was stunned*, and didn’t read it out. He made fewer errors than the person distributing the cards/envelopes and his co-presenter.

*To borrow a phrase from tonight’s Last Week Tonight, it’s the look of a white guy doing karaoke and realizing there’s an N-word coming up.

1 Like

Yeah - it’s clearly a Faye Dunaway mix-up.

Damned Dunaway.

1 Like

PS Suicide Squad and Arrival won an equal number of Oscars :slight_smile:

10 Likes

3 Likes

The best thing about this of course is that the winners are getting more showings in cinemas.
Arrival is playing near me tomorrow. Hopefully Suicide Squad is not.

2 Likes

Yay! It was a great film. Have you seen it yet?

Boo! It wasn’t a horrible film and really doesn’t deserve most of the flack it gets.

3 Likes

It won more Academy Awards than Deadpool, Civil War, BvS, and Dr. Strange put together.

7 Likes

You know what else won more?

Youre a jerk and shutup directed by Robert TheJerkface.

:angry:

2 Likes

It really is. I saw Arrival twice and loved it.
Suicide Squad not so much. I’ll just leave it at that. :wink:

2 Likes

Arrival was the film that made me cry this year and oddly the one I most saw myself in.

4 Likes

Manchester by the Sea made me tear up hard.
And same, mainly because of familial disassociation that runs rampant in my family.

1 Like

Suicide Squad made me cry too.

1 Like

Ahem - we are to refer to that movie as the “Oscar Award Winning Suicide Squad” from now til the end of time.

4 Likes

:sob:

Cry all you want, but you can’t deny that Suicide Squad now deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as Pearl Harbour, Flashdance and Harry and the Hendersons.

3 Likes

Ummm. What do you have against Flashdance?

We can discuss that later, but what does he have against Harry and the Hendersons?

2 Likes

Yeah!

He Wasn’t Invited, But He’s Not An Intruder. He’s Not Exactly A Friend, But He’s Becoming Part Of The Family.

:angry:

1 Like

Why do you think I have anything against it? That song is catchy.

1 Like