millarworld.tv Comics Creators

May Super-Heroes be a kind of "Modern Idolatry"?

Everyone likes heroes …

With so many characters and idols worshiped by many in comic books, would not that be a kind of modern idolatry? something that somehow tries to replace God’s place in the lives of many? glorifying fictional characters or the creators themselves? or rather using the use of violence or sensuality as a way of selling or giving meaning to the purposes established by the said heroes?

ps: I love comics but this is disturbing

I leave here verses of the Bible:

"You shall have no other gods before Me.
"You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,
but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.
Exodus 20: 3-6

It’s New Years Eve, not April Fool’s Day.

We don’t need no Bible thumpers!!!

oh yeah, we need more lies, this is what we need :slight_smile:

Thank you for your contribution.

@alx, all are welcome regardless of religion. As a Christian I’m happy to welcome all other faiths to convene here.

@titofeitosa, no one here worships comic book heroes. I haven’t seen any evidence of that anywhere. There are some folks that practice Nordic paganism but that doesn’t mean they’re bowing down to Kirby inspired Thor.
Your concern is misplaced. Instead of seeing them as modern day idols, look to them instead as inspiration of how to be better mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually.