millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD - SPOILERS!

I’m just glad it looks like John Hannah is sticking around. He’s been fun.

Yeah - he has been fun.

I wonder if that means Ward is gone for good – what will @Lorcan_Nagle do?

So, I wonder who the new Director of SHIELD is (or will be, 6 months later), and whether Coulson’s demotion was voluntary or forced on him as a result of the Sokovia Accords.

Im trying to work out if the clinic is Mr Hydes

That’s what i was thinking as well. My favorite bit from last night was the introduction of new and improved shotgun axe. That was beautiful.

There was enough chain-jerking to be worthy of Quesada!

Funny thing, I was fine with it until the two end pieces. Then I though “This might be good Fridays at 10 pm”.

I’m getting cynical again.

Agent Confusing Flashback will live on in our hearts!

Seriously though, I’m glad he’s gone. Agent Bowie Reinvention went from being a lacklustre hero to a fantastic villain, but his constant escapes and reinventions were grating a bit, and I was fully expecting Hive to switch hosts or be exorcised, leaving Ward alive and well and back in his own body, so I’m glad that didn’t happen. Though I’d not be surprised if we get a Agent Robot Double LMD before the end of Series 4.

Overall, it was a very satisfying end to the series. I think it might have been a bit stronger without all the hinting that SOMEOENS WALL DIES, and all the fakeouts to keep us guessing who it would be. I’m also glad that Luke Mitchell stepped up his game (and the writers found more interesting things do do with him) in the last few weeks, because Lincoln as the casualty would have been pretty underwhelming otherwise. I’m also going to call out Fitz’s Optical Camo gun as the best weapon of the series, narrowly beating out shotgun-axe 2,0

But I have to say, the teaser for next year has me so very pumped for the show. Coulson demoted back to field agent? YES! More John Hanna? YES! More crazy Marvel super-tech? YES! Goth Daisy? YES! (though let’s be honest, if she just started wearing the makeup style she was using when she was a pop star in Korea, she’d never show up on SHIELD’s facial recognition imagery)

EDIT to add: I meant to say that Daisy and Agent I know Kung Fu’s fight at the start of the last episode was killer. Kevin Tanchoren is a phenomenal action director and possibly the show’s best asset (he directed the May vs Agent 23 episode last year, for example). Also loving the more creative uses of Inhuman powers.

I’m willing to bet cash money that it was

I think its just a shout out, though. I’ll be quite happy to see more Kyle MacLachlan, but i’m not sure its in the plans. He should be busy this year filming Twin Peaks.

One return i hope we do get is Bobby and Hunter. It makes no sense not to bring them back.

Fitz’s camo gun is very cool and likely better in close quarters, but shotgun-axe 2.0 is a thing of beauty.

It definitely was just a shout out, but an awesome. Also, seconded on getting Bobbi and Hunter back into the show, even if it’s just as recurring characters. Please?

Oh god, It never occurred to me that we’d get a Ward LMD – of course that will happen.

I wonder if we’ll get a Robo-Constance Zimmer too – John Hannah seems too affable to be a villain though; so I wonder if we’ll get a Buffy Season 4 style twist and have one of the LMDs go tyrant (ala: Leviathan, which I’ve always assumed is where we’re headed).

Best comment I’ve seen on the episode:

Just so we’re clear, Daisy left SHIELD because she couldn’t get over how her two boyfriends chose to be with each other over her in their last moments.

This is the only acceptable way to end love triangles.

Agent I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle.

I wonder if we’ll get a Robo-Constance Zimmer too – John Hannah seems too affable to be a villain though; so I wonder if we’ll get a Buffy Season 4 style twist and have one of the LMDs go tyrant (ala: Leviathan, which I’ve always assumed is where we’re headed).
[/quote]

I’ve seen a good few people suggest LMD Constance Zimmer already. And all John Hannah wants to do is enjoy life and ,ake transhuman monstrosities that those stuffed shirts in the science community look down on. He doesn’t want to hut anybody. It’ just unfortunate what happens to a small, but significant number of his “volunteers”

I did think Aida was probably a reference to Alex + Aida though.

While that would be fun, I think it refers to this:

[quote=“lj_cunningham, post:229, topic:1737”]I’ll be quite happy to see more Kyle MacLachlan, but i’m not sure its in the plans. He should be busy this year filming Twin Peaks
[/quote]

I think Twin Peaks finished filming; they just have a lot of post-production to do.

Or Ada Lovelace, who lent her name to both the comic character and the programming language.

That’s the first thing I thought of.

Another reference point is that AIDA was the name of Tom Thumb’s computer in Squadron Supreme. It could be a nod or a hint of things to come.

“Agent Carter’s” Lotte Verbeek “Sorry” for Show’s Cancellation